Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 EcoBoost Battery

bronc

I recently purchased a 2012 1.6 EcoBoost Focus. I noticed that the start/stop function doesn't work and as the car hasn't been driven much the past couple of months I thought it was due to a low battery (shows 11.7V in test mode). However, I decided to check under the hood and to my surprise discovered a standard (not EFB) Bosch S4 battery. Is this bad only for the battery or for the car as well? I will put it on my smart charger to see if I can recharge it but I've read that normal batteries don't last very long on start/stop vehicles. Should I replace it right away or wait until it dies?  

• 1 month later...

I did about 500km of highway driving over the weekend and the Start/Stop still isn't activating. I guess a new battery is in place. My issue is that I can't find an aftermarket EFB 60Ah/590A one. The closest one I can find is 60Ah/560A. Would the slightly lower CCA be an issue? There is also a 70Ah/660A but I'm not sure whether the car will be able to charge it and whether it'll fit as it's a bit larger. Also not really keen on spending the extra cash to be honest. There is also an AGM 60Ah/680A but that one is an AGM so maybe not suitable for the Focus? I've read AGM batteries don't like heat and are usually in the boot.

Re the CCA.

I do not know where you are living. What the makers specify would take into account worse case weather conditions in the region that the car was built for.

eg. I live in south of England. Weather conditions here never get as bad as some other parts of UK so if it was mine I would not worry about the lower CCA.

But if you live in an area with severe winter conditions maybe you do need to take the CCA into account more.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club