rhyds

Anyone got a 2010 MK2.5 Price list?

Recommended Posts

Bit of an odd one this...

 

Does anyone happen to have a PDF (or print copy at a push) of a 2010 Focus MK2.5 Price list? I'm wondering how much my MK2.5 Focus Zetec would have set the original owner back as list price when it was new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Thanks chief, that's just what I was looking for. Strange to think someone would have spent about £16k on my car when it was new!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool link. Looks like someone added £700 worth of options to mine, metallic paint and parking sensors. Shocking amount.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto. My Ghia was £16,800 standard and I've got parking sensors, metalic paint, upgraded stereo and optional 18s so God knows how much it was all in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, James said:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/focus-2008/?section=data

This gives a list of the the recommended retail prices of the mk2.5 Focus when new. 

I'm not a fan of the Honest John forum but that is a very useful section, hadn't seen it before!

Some poor bugger spent over £20k on my mk3 6 years ago! :laugh:  Worth a quarter of that now... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not a fan of the Honest John forum but that is a very useful section, hadn't seen it before!

Some poor bugger spent over £20k on my mk3 6 years ago! :laugh:  Worth a quarter of that now... 

Yeah for a car at that price you would expect a car to have as standard Xenon lights electrically folding mirrors and disks all around, but no Ford are to mean to do that😋. But seriously is the Ford Focus the only C segment car with drum brakes in the rear? Overall I do like the Focus but they take penny pinching to the extreme. It will be interesting to see how well the new Focus will be specced out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be a factor in why the Focus don't keep their value well. Like the Golf is just as popular but doesn't suffer the same amount of depreciation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah for a car at that price you would expect a car to have as standard Xenon lights electrically folding mirrors and disks all around, but no Ford are to mean to do that😋. But seriously is the Ford Focus the only C segment car with drum brakes in the rear? Overall I do like the Focus but they take penny pinching to the extreme. It will be interesting to see how well the new Focus will be specced out. 

Well, although the full brochure isn't available online yet there is a price list with specs/options

2018 'All-new' Ford Focus

It doesn't mention discs BUT the image of the 'Style' (entry-level Focus) does seem to point to rear discs...(taken from the build configurator but nothing selected)

image.png.a269b330e7fa7f301a5aa45b702d6573.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah for a car at that price you would expect a car to have as standard Xenon lights electrically folding mirrors and disks all around, but no Ford are to mean to do that😋. But seriously is the Ford Focus the only C segment car with drum brakes in the rear? Overall I do like the Focus but they take penny pinching to the extreme. It will be interesting to see how well the new Focus will be specced out. 

I can understand why xenons aren't standard tbf, at £50 for a headlight bulb the general public would rather have £1.50 yellow halogens lol.

The lack of rear discs is annoying though, they can put drums on the cars that people who don't like cars buy (1.6 petrol Style for example) but EcoBoosts, diesels and Titaniums should all have discs as well as the sport models imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, EddyOS said:

Well, although the full brochure isn't available online yet there is a price list with specs/options

2018 'All-new' Ford Focus

It doesn't mention discs BUT the image of the 'Style' (entry-level Focus) does seem to point to rear discs...(taken from the build configurator but nothing selected)

image.png.a269b330e7fa7f301a5aa45b702d6573.png

You sure that's the Ford configurator?  Looks like a Mazda 3...  Alloys, discs, auto-lights, 4 one touch windows and various driver aids on the Style though...what are Ford doing? 😮  They've gone from not adding enough spec to over speccing the poverty model? :unsure: 

The Titanium will be getting powerfold mirrors and parking sensors as standard so James will be happy lol.  Looks like they'll be ruining the Vignale with 18's though. :sad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You sure that's the Ford configurator?  Looks like a Mazda 3...  Alloys, discs, auto-lights, 4 one touch windows and various driver aids on the Style though...what are Ford doing? 😮  They've gone from not adding enough spec to over speccing the poverty model? :unsure: 

The Titanium will be getting powerfold mirrors and parking sensors as standard so James will be happy lol.  Looks like they'll be ruining the Vignale with 18's though. :sad: 

Yep

image.thumb.png.c5557ceefe7501e9f0c687ee437e3a2c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone paid £15.5k for mine, I paid £1500 for it 10 months ago meaning its worth just a tenth of its new price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You sure that's the Ford configurator?  Looks like a Mazda 3...  Alloys, discs, auto-lights, 4 one touch windows and various driver aids on the Style though...what are Ford doing? 😮  They've gone from not adding enough spec to over speccing the poverty model? :unsure: 

The Titanium will be getting powerfold mirrors and parking sensors as standard so James will be happy lol.  Looks like they'll be ruining the Vignale with 18's though. :sad: 

And all the cars seem to have adaptive cruise control. Ford are going all out with this new Focus. May get one second hand in a few years time. Im still waiting for the looks to fully grow on me though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the " all new" 2018 focus looks awful quite frankly , going off those photos above - it resembles a mish mash of existing car styles with little originality.

as for depriciation , i'd guess that red style with list price of £18k will be worth barely £10k after 3 years.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and i bet it will come with rear drum brakes for lower performance models , no matter what the configurator shows.........  ;-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you need to pay for an ST/RS level car to get independent rear suspension is enough for me not to like it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now