Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk7.5; High beams won’t toggle + air bad warning light

Hastiest

Hi all,

Am looking for for a bit of help or guidance on the above situation — not able to toggle high beams on and the airbag warning light is on. Couple of points to potentially help diagnose the issue:

1) I CAN toggle the high beams on when the ignition is switched off, and there is a single beep from the dash when I do so

2) the airbag warning light is on when I drive

3) I completed a subwoofer install and these two issues seem to be the result. Even if I disconnect the sub and put back normal fuses (which are only hooked into the unneeded “ passenger airbag deactivation light” and redundant “keyless entry” anyway) both issues persist

4) I saw somewhere that installing an under seat sub can cause you to knock the seat airbag wires and thought this might be the issue, but having checked everything seems normal under the driver’s seat...

Obviously I can’t drive at night time for now, and the airbag warning is a very concerning as well so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I’m under warranty from a Ford service so could go down that route, but hoping for an easier solution.

thanks guys!!

1 hour ago, Hastiest said:

the airbag warning light is on when I drive

A good diagnostic system like Forscan can tell you which circuit on the airbag unit is causing the problem. That can save a lot of searching under and between seats, and all the other airbag bits all over the car.

• Like 1

Very interesting, thank you! Bit apprehensive at the prospect of using software myself but it could be a lot cheaper than a garage fix......... 😉

10 hours ago, Hastiest said:

Bit apprehensive at the prospect of using software myself but it could be a lot cheaper than a garage fix......... 😉

Forscan is a simple and reliable program, free download for Windows systems, small charge for IoS or Android Apps. It is quite easy to use after you get used to its slightly quirky interface. The only problems that are likely are with the adapter (ELM327) needed. Sometimes a driver programme is needed, and there are lots of ELMs out there, not all are good quality.

To me, having a diagnostic reader is as essential as a spare wheel or spare key. It is not an option these days, at least once the car is out of warranty. And even in warranty, it gives some idea of whether the garage is being honest. I have seen a couple of cases where warning lights have been physically blocked off, by a garage that could not find or cure the real problem!

See my intro to Forscan in:

It points to a guide to use Forscan, and gives a possible source for ELMs that have been found to work.

That looks great, you have me convinced on getting one (with iOS). The good news is I’ve self diagnosed the high beam issue: it helps if the beam selector is set to on or auto!! I must have turned the lights off at some point without realising, doh.

Now to look into this airbag light...............cheers 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club