Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immobiliser issues trying to program new keys

Gems

Hi  all. I'm new to this group and wondered can anyone help me please? 

My husband and my car keys were damaged beyond use some 5 weeks ago. All 4 keys, as I had his spare and he had mine, so we have no keys at all!!

Ford requested we have the cars towed to them to have new keys programmed however they were unable to get the immobiliser to turn off in both cars and therefore unable to reprogram new keys. 3 dealerships and 5 weeks later, we still have no solution other than replacing the BCMI and RKE module in both cars which may resolve the issue however this cannot be guaranteed.  

Ford UK have been very unhelpful and my question along with a solution is....is this normal? Surely this can't be the issue every time someone loses, damages or has all keys stolen?? Is this how Ford when manufacturing the cars intended the software to be? I can't imagine it should be this difficult?

My car is a 2015 focus zetec and my husband's is a 2015 ST2.

Any help, advice or sympathy would be greatly appreciated 😄 we are struggling with work, childcare and day to day living with no cars...as I am sure u can all imagine! Thanking you in advance 

Gemma 

In what way were the keys damaged?
It must be fairly bad for the immobiliser chips to be non functional.
Have you tried an independent auto locksmith?, sometimes they have tricks or procedures that deslerships wouldn't consider.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Hi thank you.....Unfortunately they were microwaved.................yes you heard right lol 😣 we tried auto lock Smith's and they all said only ford could program

Try another locksmiths, our local one has had success with transit connect for us. We couldn't bypass the need for bcm so as last resort we used locksmith.

Can you not claim on car or house insurance? 

• Like 1

Have ford supplied keys pre cut for your cars so You can turn the ignition on, 

the car is programmed to accept the New keys not the other way so if the ignition is on and the cars connected to fords software then I can’t understand how they can’t fix it but I have came across a lot of main dealers that don’t really understand in depth what their doing, I would speak to a good auto electrician locally that has the software to help you

Thanks yes I will ring around a few more auto locksmiths.

No pre cut keys as my car is keyless start and my husband's is keyless entry and start

They will still have cut blades inside the fobs for emergency unlocking of the doors.
Curious as to how both sets of keys managed to get microwaved.

Yes there were blades inside the fobs which when used to unlock the cars set the alarms off that ford now can't get past to program the keys .......

It's a long story but dear mother in law fried them while making porridge 😣🤣

sometimes it can be done , i programmed remote keyless on a kuga with both remotes lost and car locked with alarm on. there was a work around that  was told not to divulge to the geberal public. your ford dealer should have this information if they asked for it. may not work your your particular cars.

having new bcmi only will get your keys programmed. 

• Like 1

sometimes it can be done , i programmed remote keyless on a kuga with both remotes lost and car locked with alarm on. there was a work around that  was told not to divulge to the geberal public. your ford dealer should have this information if they asked for it. may not work your your particular cars.
having new bcmi only will get your keys programmed. 
Thus spake the oracle [emoji16]

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club