Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2.5 ST headlining

wilto

Just received a 3 door ST headlining kit off eBay for father's Day.

I know some members on here have done the same swap, what I want to know is:-

A, Is there a guide to fitting it      somewhere?

B,  What are, if any, problems I     may encounter

I have the headlining, A,B and C, pillar trims grab handles etc.

My current setup looks the same as the ST one only mine is that horrible cream colour, and the ST is dark gray. 

Any advice lads, thanks in advance, Chris.

• Like 1

Speak to @yunii as he did it recently I believe...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EddyOS said:

Speak to @yunii as he did it recently I believe...

Yes i'm willing to help with pleasure.

No if you ask me its straight forward.

Just ensure you have extra pair of hands. Whilst you remove trims. I didnt do a guide but the route i took was pretty much straight forward. Just time consuming. I did mine in around under 3 hrs.took my time as i did additional submarine light in in rear.

@Wilto  pm me when you need to.

Yunii

• Like 1

Bear in mind higher spec models have more loom so more time consuming re -routing  loom on new lining.

Yunii

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the only thing is I'm going to be doing it on my own, ha should be fun,

• Like 2

I kept my original loom on the car as it was a lot easier to do and had all the same connectors including the one for the submarine light at the front. 

Like yunii said it's a lot easier when dropping the old headliner and refitting the new one to get another pair of hands. The rest of the time it's just a case of taking you time and remember where the screws go. You may need a couple of the white clips for the a pillar they are also used ion the trim in the boot side panels. Good luck it's worth it. 

Nice Father's Day president 😊IMG_2529.thumb.JPG.bb44750504165d780cd8b10cf25109b2.JPGIMG_2532.thumb.JPG.0f271615f69ac62ec23227430c0960a8.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the only thing is I'm going to be doing it on my own, ha should be fun,
Good luck mate. I suggest start at front & rest it on full raised front headrests until you remove sides & rear. Then once all free to drop remove them. You will need to remove rear D pillar trims & the parcel shelf trims from boot side & I undid screws & left it dangling.will make it easier. Also fold flat rear seats.
You will need gaffer tape , stanley knife.
Gently remove washer tube thats glued to headlining & then that can be taped back on new .remember its exact route so it doesnt get trapped in anything.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I kept my original loom on the car as it was a lot easier to do and had all the same connectors including the one for the submarine light at the front. 
Like yunii said it's a lot easier when dropping the old headliner and refitting the new one to get another pair of hands. The rest of the time it's just a case of taking you time and remember where the screws go. You may need a couple of the white clips for the a pillar they are also used ion the trim in the boot side panels. Good luck it's worth it. 
Nice Father's Day president [emoji4]IMG_2529.thumb.JPG.bb44750504165d780cd8b10cf25109b2.JPGIMG_2532.thumb.JPG.0f271615f69ac62ec23227430c0960a8.JPG

@Tangodaz
You noted that submarine light doesnt fit properly in the centre roof maplight surround.
Yunii

yes its a bit if a pain did yours fit okay or did you need to modify it?

yes its a bit if a pain did yours fit okay or did you need to modify it?

No i didnt do anything yet. I'm in falkirk at the moment. Got here 2hrs ago.
Yunii

Thanks guys, I've got the white clips all intact on the kit I bought also it's got the washer pipe attached too. The only thing it didn't come with was the front courtesy light, but I already have one on my existing headlining. 

So is this the correct order to strip out.

Remove A pillar trim.

Remove B pillar trim along with seat belt. Also trim above rear window (mine's a 3 door)

Remove C pillar trim.

Remove D pillar trim

Remove grab handles and sun visors.

Remove headlining.

Does this sound about right?

Thanks for your help guys.

When you remove the front courtesy light you will see a plastic bracket that screws to the roof. 

Thanks guys, I've got the white clips all intact on the kit I bought also it's got the washer pipe attached too. The only thing it didn't come with was the front courtesy light, but I already have one on my existing headlining. 
So is this the correct order to strip out.
Remove A pillar trim.
Remove B pillar trim along with seat belt. Also trim above rear window (mine's a 3 door)
Remove C pillar trim.
Remove D pillar trim
Remove grab handles and sun visors.
Remove headlining.
Does this sound about right?
Thanks for your help guys.

You may need to drop the trims that parcel shelf sits on. So that headlining can come out & feed new one in.
Yunii

On 6/20/2018 at 6:57 PM, yunii said:

You may need to drop the trims that parcel shelf sits on. So that headlining can come out & feed new one in.
Yunii

Cheers yunii, would you say the stripping out order I posted would be about right.

I'm going to get 4 wooden battens made up so I can wedge up the headlining as I go, as I'm going to be doing it on my own.

Is the seatbelt removal a pain?

Hi Chris

The trim panel that holds the adjustment for the height is a little fiddly as you can drop the screws behind the panel I found it a little easier to start both screw a little bit first making sure the buckle is on the outside of the panel as well as that can slid behind it as well. the trim for the rear window may also be fiddly as the screws are blind so you will need a screw driver that is slightly magnetic to help keep the screws on the screw driver.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing a few photos if possible?

Cheers yunii, would you say the stripping out order I posted would be about right.
I'm going to get 4 wooden battens made up so I can wedge up the headlining as I go, as I'm going to be doing it on my own.
Is the seatbelt removal a pain?
Not really , i had to just drop top trim , not needing to remove as i already had black trims fitted a while ago. To remove just unscrew screw hidden behind airbag written oblong cap & drop to bottom. To remove belt their is a torx bolt holding it .remove that , cant remember size.
As for stripping yes that would be fine .rest it front part on headrest raised enough so that you can remove the loom glued on trim. Then once removed loom. Remove front headrests. Any more info needed let us know . When ready to completely remove old headlining back end needs to be dropped low & bend ends slighly & pull out from below where the rear parcelshelf trim sat as its wider part of boot opening. I'm sure as you progress further you will have a better idea of it. Ensure you feed extra looms you want for rear whilst old lining is off . Tape up the trim & note the trim route & especially rear washer tube on liner. Good luck.
Yunii

Cheers lads, just need to find time to do it now, so many jobs need finishing in the house at the moment 🤔🤔 not enough hours in the day, constantly working 60 plus hours a week on nights.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club