Sign in to follow this  
isetta

Which grade oil - ford contradicts

Have 2015 Fiesta 1.5tdci econetic.  Time for oil change.    I have some Castrol Magnetec 5w30 which I bought for my previous Fiesta but did not use it before selling car.

This card which came with my current car. Clearly says on it that it is for 2015 models and clearly says use 5w30 for my car.

oil a.jpg

This pic is from the handbook which clearly says 0w30 for 1.5tdci (and 5w30 for 1.6tdci)

oil b.jpg

As far as I know the difference between the 1.5 and the 1.6 tdci is 61cc capacity and everything else the same.

Any ideas why it shows different oils?      If I put 5w30 in my 1.5tdci I can't see that anything bad is going to happen.  Anyone have any views with an explanation of why it might be a bad idea to do this.  (warranty on car is no longer valid by the way)

there not the same. the 1.5 uses a variable pressure oil pump im told

oil grade depends on what stage emmisions , stage 5 is 5w30, stage 6 is 0w30

i'd just use the oil you already have.

its not as if it will remain in the engine for all eternity, - 12 mths from now it will be getting poured into a waste tank.

its of close enough spec and quality to be of minscule risk.

some drama queens may predict armageddon and impending doom , but i call bull on that.

crack on , decent fully synth oil is too expensive not to use up.

Yes I think I will use the 5w30 I have.  Having now looked into the technical differences between 5w30 and 0w30  I can't see that there is any difference unless the cars is used in extreme temperatures which the south coast of the UK where I live will never experience.