Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plates

skanty_canty

Does anyone know of any good sites to get legal plates made that are stylish and go well on your car like carbon fibre numbers or i am looking for metal plates black background with silver letters like the ones we have on our army land rovers but not sure if these are legal on a normal car

can i have some advice and maybe some pictures of what you have on your car

Carbon fiber letters - Illegal

Metal plates - Illegal

Silver letters - Illegal

Black plates - Illegal

ALL the above are illegal. There is only one legal standard of number plate, and its what you have now.

DMB Graphics is the place to get legal number plates and you can get dombed carbon.www.dmb.uk.com

You can only have 1 style of font

you can only have have 1 size of font

You can have pressed plates or standard plates

JDM Graphix produce 100% LEGAL pressed plates. Contact them on info@jdmgraphix.com

as long as the font is charles wright and the black section is 51% and formatted propeley, both 3d and carbon are legal.

I am told that speedplates.co.uk are very good. I was planning to use them when I replace the plates on my car.

They make both road legal and show plates. You can make the show plate look like what ever you want. Just as long as you do not drive your car on a public road while it is waring them.

On speedplates.co.uk You can create your own plate and they have a customer helpline aswell.

yer i have used a similar site and i had these made up and i have 4 velcro dots on the back and 4 on my car plates so they just stick on when i got to shows these are the plates i got

1101253-1-1.png

The Velcro is a good idea. It save you having to keep unscrewing the road plates.

If anyone uses speedplates please let me know how it goes.

I'm probably a bit late with this but here's a summary of what is required and permitted on UK road-legal number plates

Required:

White front plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)

Yellow rear plate (to British Standard BS AU 145d)

The registration number of the bearer vehicle in the mandatory font (black Charles Wright 2001)

Spacing of characters and character groups in accordance with the measurements specified in the regulations.

Variation of the above is not permitted

Permitted but not required:

3D variation of the mandatory Charles Wright 2001 font

Coloured, non-reflective border

National emblem: English St George Cross with ENG legend, Scottish St Andrew Cross with SCO legend, Welsh Dragon with WALES and CYMRU legend, British Union Flag with GB legend) or Euro Stars symbol with GB legend.

No additions or variations of the above are permitted.

Common illegal variations are:

Fancy or decorative typefaces

Bolts placed in such a way as to alter the appearance of characters

Adjusted spacing between characters or character groups

Altered characters

Additional logos or symbols, such as sporting emblems and religious symbols.

There are concessions for older and vintage cars. Historic vehicles, i.e. those built prior to 1973, are permitted to bear the old-style black plates of either plastic or traditional metal construction.

HTH

cyb

Demonplates.com

They do a domed (raised) carbon fibre pattern, little pricey but look swish, they say the are 100% legal too, better check tho

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club