Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost, Zetec, powershift - which one?

Pebbleheed

Morning all

I’m looking to upgrade my Focus. I currently have the 1 litre ecoboost, a 2013 model. 

I fancy a titanium spec. 

The idea of an automatic has slowly crept in. Something I’d have been against a few years back, but in traffic I feel it would be more comfortable. Are the powershifts any good? Are there any major issues to be aware of?

Also, I love my ecoboost but was wondering, is the zetec a better option? 

There are 2 Powershift boxes for the MK3 Focus, the DCT450 model is apparently solid, the DCT250 is the problem child and do yourself a favour and just avoid it.

@iantt and others will hopefully be along shortly to advise on which engines have the option of DCT450 fitted.

• Thanks 1

I’ve put a deposit on a 1.0 litre ecoboost manual. Mk 3.5 titanium. 

I decided to dodge the automatic in the end. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

I’ve put a deposit on a 1.0 litre ecoboost manual. Mk 3.5 titanium. 

I decided to dodge the automatic in the end. 

Titanium is the one to go for if you want a bit of spec.  Is it new or used?  If used, how much was it out of interest? :ninja: 

Yeah, I went zetec last time and regretted it. Nice car but I wanted the titanium spec very quickly. 

Just under £8k. It’s a few years old. 

I put it through Etis. The spec looks spot on. Can’t wait now. 

• Like 1

Two things often come up on this forum in relation to 1 litre ecoboost.

a) Fracturing of the plastic coolant pipe that goes to top of coolant reservoir. if ETIS looks OK that it should have been fixed. I believe Ford were replacing the thin walled plastic pipe with a more traditional rubber hose. They were splitting and dumping the coolant and then engine damaged from overheating before the driver knew of the pipe failure.

b) there are two steel coolant pipes the go in and out of the turbo. On some cars these are rusting badly, really deep scabby rust not just some superficial surface rust. They come as part of turbo and can not be replaced on their own

These engines are known for very quick failure if the coolant springs a leak so if is imperative that the coolant does not leak so check these.

There has been loads on this forum about this. 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/95740-2013-10l-ecoboost-engine-rust-problem/

• Thanks 1

My current car is an ecoboost (zetec spec). It’s had the recall done. I checked the new car last night on etis and there’s no recalls showing so I’m hoping it’s done. 

• 2 weeks later...

i took 1.6 petrol without turbo - 125hp

titanium as zetec dont have loads of thinks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club