Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folding mirrors and the need to diagnose

pragmatix

I can half understand this but I find it infuriating, my near side folding mirror stopped unfolding yesterday, so I popped into my dealer, as I was close by, so they could give it a quick look over and order the part, but no I have to book it in so they can put it on the computer to diagnose the problem, you can see the problem, but apparently for the warranty it has to go on the computer so it's booked in on Tuesday for half an hour to hook up the diagnostic, then they will order the part, and at some point in the future I'll have to go back for fitting. I wouldn't mind so much but it's a 70 mile round trip to the dealers, so much for trying to save time

I mean they could just build cars with quality parts that don't fail so quickly in the first place, isn't your car only 6 months old... :rolleyes:  Tbf, they do have to go through the proper procedure to make warranty claims though obviously not ideal when you don't live nearby. 

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I mean they could just build cars with quality parts that don't fail so quickly in the first place, isn't your car only 6 months old... :rolleyes:  Tbf, they do have to go through the proper procedure to make warranty claims though obviously not ideal when you don't live nearby. 

My car is less than 2 months old the other new one got written off at the end of April, I was stationary at the time waiting to turn right at a junction when a car c turning into the road I was on smashed into the front of me, drunk, uninsured, untaxed no MOT.

Yep parts shouldn't fail that fast especially as they haven't really done much 2 Folds and unfolds a day so less than 120 operations.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like you get all the luck!! 😮

Never had this many problems with my last 3 mondeos, the first Cmax had brake and sat nav props this one has had anti stall a funny clunk from the brakes when setting off and now the mirrors.

I'm sure modern cars are just made worse than 2000s cars were tbh, either a lack of quality control now or just a lack of quality materials to save on costs.

Its not just Ford's either, seems to be the same with any manufacturer.  I'm on a lot of forums and see far more 'new car's issues on them now than I ever have before.

Tom, I've got to agree with you.

Today the GPS failed, then the stereo wouldn't play tracks from my phone then the radio lost volume, 

The diagnostics said the mirror was broken😂 but didn't find any outher faults but I did get a engine software updat to help sulpherisation 

• Like 1

Lol, after saying about 2000s cars being better built I had a mk3 Mondeo with a faulty powerfold mirror today.  It folds fine, but keeps unfolding until it hits the A pillar lol.  Still, at 240k it lasted better than yours! :laugh:

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, after saying about 2000s cars being better built I had a mk3 Mondeo with a faulty powerfold mirror today.  It folds fine, but keeps unfolding until it hits the A pillar lol.  Still, at 240k it lasted better than yours! :laugh:

Ok no need to rub it in 🙃

• Haha 1