Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bees under shed....??.... I think

jace1969

I think we have bees nest under the shed,council are coming out next week to identify if they are 100% bees which i think they are,not a wasp i know that.

Has anyone on here had this problem and how they deal with it,the shed is years old but its raised about 3'' or a bit under so you can look under which i haven't done.

we live on the end house with massive trees and yellow pollen leaves which you can see some carry,just a bit of advice as i have blocked the bottom until next theurday

as it was getting mad,just a few now like 5 or so every so often but they just look about by there and fly off.

Had them for the last 3 yrs , All in different places under the eaves of the house .Called out a pest control guy who sprays them with powder , That's it they tend to disperse , Don`t see them again until the following year when then tend to appear in a different place .

Council should be able to do the same

To be honest its all money either way you look at it as my dad is 89 and house bound and we live upstairs the council is just inspecting its only £10.

Is there any home remedy as i know its going to cost which he/me aint got a chance of having done,i do have a picture somewhere of one i stunned then just flew off after.

Any beekeepers in your area? Facebook group etc they may be able to help 🐝

• Thanks 2

As above don't get them destroyed bees are in short supply, no bees,  no pollination,  no crops.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, pragmatix said:

As above don't get them destroyed bees are in short supply, no bees,  no pollination,  no crops.

I never do on most stuff but it all depends as i cant have them buzzing around,see what council says but no way can he pay.

Im going to look into the local bee keeper but i don't think there is a lot under there  as only a few and now i have blocked it.

i will ask at work, we got a new guy started a month or so ago and he has BEEn a bee keeper for many years.will see what he recomends.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, iantt said:

i will ask at work, we got a new guy started a month or so ago and he has BEEn a bee keeper for many years.will see what he recomends.

Lol cheers mate.

Read that they just die after a 7 weeks the working ones and even get kicked out of the nest early so die that way as well.

Usually the bees will only congregate around a queen.
If the queen leaves then the drones will follow.
Bee keepers will locate the queen and put her in a mobile hive then once the drones have found her then the keepers will move the colony somewhere more suitable.
They won't destroy the colony unless absolutely necessary.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Usually the bees will only congregate around a queen.
If the queen leaves then the drones will follow.
Bee keepers will locate the queen and put her in a mobile hive then once the drones have found her then the keepers will move the colony somewhere more suitable.
They won't destroy the colony unless absolutely necessary.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I had a quick look under shed as far as i can see but cant see a lot if anything,don't know if i just got it in time.

I have also emailed out local Bee Keeper which is Hagley/Stourbridge which is still a good 10 mile away so i will await see if i get any reply.

Still get 1 or 2 fly around where i have blocked it up but a lot less and i mean a lot,will see what Council chap says on Thursday.

Lad at work said there isn't much you can do. If there is only one or two at a time he says he doubts there making a nest. 

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Lad at work said there isn't much you can do. If there is only one or two at a time he says he doubts there making a nest. 

Cheers for asking,there were around 10+ when it wasn't blocked but now i blocked it up i might get around 3 max at once but rare now as they look

around on the floor to see if any gaps and then just go.

Good to see what they say Thursday.

Ok well pest control came round on Thursday and confirmed there a Bumble Bee but not a Honey one.

I said can you kill them and he said most people do but we say leave them as for the plants.

So i have left the shed where they go under blocked as i was going to do anyway being the reason from the start to seal it off.

I will leave them find there way under if they can and if they do come in the car/house there gone.

Just leave them alone, bumble bees are also in short supply

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, pragmatix said:

Just leave them alone, bumble bees are also in short supply

I will as i said i wont kill a spider i will move it but if it causes a problem there is only one way,i have a very frail elderly person to consider.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club