Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! 07 zetec mondeo

Maxilad3

2007 2.0 tdci diesel mondeo

Right guys, I’m in a bit of a pickle about 2 months ago I was driving along looked at my speedo and it was on 0 as well as the Rev counter and and temp gauge, few seconds later it was all back on but had reset my trip counter and changed my degrees to Fahrenheit, but no biggy nothing else happened and no further issues, 2 months later it goes again, and again and now my battery light comes on.

so I get a new battery after a diagnostic shows no errors 

no there is no drop in performance than I’ve noticed starts first time every time, sits at about 1000 revs idle but the radio flicks on and off now fans stop and start wipers struggle to move all speedo and rev counters drop in and out and only the battery light is on.

any help here please?

Check the fuse box under the bonnet for corrosion nespecilly underneath it, a good clean often stops this sort of problem

• Like 1

It does sound a lot like an earth or electrical issue.

I’ll check that tomorrow thanks

*UPDATE*

the car after running through all this has now died and won’t turn over, jump started it and it turned over, but all electrics we’re dying out, you could hear the engine noise drop when I turned lights on, been told it’s just alternator not charging battery now does that sound right?

I suppose its possible, when my alternator finally gave up the ghost the cluster died and the car kept running for a brief few moments before I lost everything. which if im honest was a bit of a bum clenching moment whilst on one of the busiest bridged in Scotland.  anyhow.replaced the alternator (which was in my boot) and job was a good-un

On 6/17/2018 at 2:10 AM, Maxilad3 said:

I’ll check that tomorrow thanks

*UPDATE*

the car after running through all this has now died and won’t turn over, jump started it and it turned over, but all electrics we’re dying out, you could hear the engine noise drop when I turned lights on, been told it’s just alternator not charging battery now does that sound right?

Modern cars need plenty of electrical power and really don't like power drop outs or simply not being supplied with the electric power the ECU expects.  BEfore paying a good chunk of change for a new alternator I'd be tempted to charged the battery (assuming you have an external charger) as the alternator could be find and it could just be the battery that is no longer accepting a good enough charge (or any charge).

17 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Modern cars need plenty of electrical power and really don't like power drop outs or simply not being supplied with the electric power the ECU expects.  BEfore paying a good chunk of change for a new alternator I'd be tempted to charged the battery (assuming you have an external charger) as the alternator could be find and it could just be the battery that is no longer accepting a good enough charge (or any charge).

which would make sense when starting but the car doesn't run off the battery whilst its running. If the cars modules aren't getting a solid 12-14v under load, then it still points to the alternator....or earthing / shorting.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club