Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car won’t start

Alexkey33

My 2011 Ford Fiesta zetec s TCDI won’t start, started chuddeding as I was driving and hasn’t started since. Code reader is showing no codes and easy start doesn’t work. New battery has also been tried and still no luck

Does the car run on the easy start then stop when it has burned it or is there nothing at all?

Are you spraying the easy start then trying to start it or is there some one spraying why someone is trying to start it ?

If it won't run on easy start it's likely to be a mechanical issue, diesels only need a bit of compression to go with easy start unless you're not using enough lol.

Does it sound like it's got compression when you turn it on the starter?  

Use a lot..doesn’t seem to be turning over fast enough and I’m thinking a compression problem 

a compression problem is normally lower compression than it should have which would mean the starter motor would turn the engine faster then it would normally do, not slower. I can't really see how the compression could get higher. 

When was the fuel filter last changed?

What sort of code reader are you using?

have you checked the cam shaft is turning with the engine (ie. checked it is not broken cam / timing belt)

Not a clue when the fuel filter was last changed only had the car just over a year but when you turn the ignition on you can hear it power up.

code reader was a snap on solus pro.

Is that a costly repair?

we can't say if it's costly or not.

if it's a blocked fuel filter then it's not costly.

if it's a broken cam belt/timing belt then it can be very costly due to the valve damage that occurs when belt breaks.

but we don't know if it's either of those things.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to diagnose this on this forum. It needs someone to see it in person and check things.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club