Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.8tdci 2008 loosing coolant

booster76

Recently bought a focus 1.8tdci 115k miles, and it's drinking coolant about  a litre 70miles,  no water in the oil , not over heating, no bubbles in the expansion tank, runs fine, have done a sniff test and found exhaust gasses in the expansion tank, would this be the case if the egr cooler was leaking into the exhaust? There's no white smoke from the tailpipe at all. I will be bypassing the egr cooler tomorrow to see if the car still looses coolant. I'm just wondering if anyone else can shed some light here . Any help appreciated .

Thanks Dave.

Have you check the drivers side footwell?  The pipes from the heater matrix behind the dash through the bulkhead to the engine bay are known for leaking (if you have the type that are jointed in the middle).  It's easy to tell which type you have, you'd be looking for 2 aluminium pipes to the left of the clutch pedal, if they're "jointed" there'll be a black "clip" around each pipe which holds the pipes together.

No leaking heater matrix , also that wouldn't explain exhaust gasses present on a sniff test , I'm hoping it's just the egr cooler and not a head gasket , not had time today to join the pipes and bypass 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club