Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo 2.2TDCi Limp Mode

TomsFocus

Evening all,

Mk3 Mondeo 2.2TDCi in limp mode with the glow plug light flashing.  Two stored codes, one for EGR which didn't come back.  The other for turbo boost issues which came back pretty much immediately.  Surprisingly none for injectors!

Forscan is suggesting to replace the turbo lol...  Is it likely to be a knackered turbo or just a boost solenoid though?  @iantt @stef123

2005986764_MondeoPCMBoost(2).jpg.c08dfc67ce13ed83c3063d598ce166d6.jpg

Cheers

Tom

turbo actuator would be where I'd be looking first i think. They are known to play up and i should think you'd get a fault code along the lines of what you have there. 

7 hours ago, stef123 said:

turbo actuator would be where I'd be looking first i think. They are known to play up and i should think you'd get a fault code along the lines of what you have there. 

Thanks Stef, I've done a bit more reading this morning, didn't realise the turbo was so easy to access on these.  Will disconnect the vanes rod and check if it moves smoothly and fully, if it does, I'll look at buying a used electronic actuator with warranty.

• Like 1

So, the turbo vanes feel fine, rod moves easily through what I think is it's full travel.  Wiring to the actuator looks fine, plug was clean and secure though I haven't done any multimeter tests.  I've removed the electronic actuator and opened it up but can't really see anything wrong, no obvious broken solder joints or burnt chips, so not sure what to make of that.  Ordered a 'tested' salvage one from eBay so will give that a go when it arrives...  Can always return it if it doesn't work.

if the rod moves free and smooth then the vanes are not clogged up/stuck. looks like you have a bad actuator. As you say, at least the access is good on them. 

• Like 1

Forgot to update this!

Easiest fix ever, it was only the turbo actuator despite not being able to see any issue with it.  Took seconds to swap over, cost £40 for a tested replacement on eBay and I've sold the other one on for refurbishment. :smile:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club