Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 Climate controls reversed

theroninhunter

Hi,

Has anyone experienced their climate controls being reversed on Sync 3? If I change the temp using the manual control on the driver side it reflects the change on Sync3 as the Passenger side?

Looking at the possible ForScan codes below do I assume HD radio is the American equivalent to DAB radio?

7D0-01-02 xxxx x2xx xxxx + 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx3 xxxx - Dual Zone & HD radio avail
Second Attempt: 7D0-01-02 xxxx x2xx xxxx + 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx2 xxxx - Dual Zone & HD radio not avail

Not sure what you mean?

Do you mean that, if, for example, the driver's side is at 24, and you change it to 22 the driver's stays at 24, but the passenger goes to 22, or, do you mean that both driver and passenger change to 22?

You can link Driver's and Passenger's controls to change to the same temperatures with just the driver's control, or have them independent.

If I change the Driver temp to 22 then onscreen prompt on Sync 3 will show I've changed the Passenger side to 22 but the Climate control LCD screen shows correctly that Driver side has changed to 22

20 minutes ago, YOG said:

Not sure what you mean?

Do you mean that, if, for example, the driver's side is at 24, and you change it to 22 the driver's stays at 24, but the passenger goes to 22, or, do you mean that both driver and passenger change to 22?

You can link Driver's and Passenger's controls to change to the same temperatures with just the driver's control, or have them independent.

As per this youtube video

isn't it 100% right.... (adjust left, left changes in BOTH displays and likewise with the right one) only exception is the "driver" & "passenger" flags you see are muddled as per a LHD car?

either someone played and it thinks the wheel is on the wrong "foreign" side or its a typical bit of hopeless software from some 3 year old who never realised real people drive on the left with the wheel on the right....   (just like you need for your whip if driving a horse drawn carriage and or trying to run up a spiral staircase whilst killing people with a sword..... napoleon has a lot to be embarrassed about..... )

4 hours ago, theroninhunter said:

As per this youtube video

HD radio and DAB can be turned on or off independently in Forscan so HD is, as you said some American thing.

you can change the country code on the Sync3 unit via the APIM lines and also the radio tuner country in the ACM. 

One of those lines may help, what do you think? Is it something in the Sync unit, or radio unit or is it confined in the HVAC brain?

Hmm I'm not sure, it was working originally on Sync2 perfectly fine.

Where on the APIM can I check the locale is set correctly

I will get the line number for you.....

231368E0-5C0C-4F58-9CF8-BE7038BE6790.thumb.jpeg.525e6540cb39908ca8ccf22b42e58500.jpeg

you can try both of these lines, however you may only need to change the line below

BA26FD7B-AD2F-4973-A2D5-F5E73F4049FC.thumb.jpeg.28f79ef4278a68c4aaf02bb5e7698bc9.jpeg

as always make sure you take a back up of your AS BUILT data and only make one change at a time. Disclaimer; although these changes are tried and tested there is always a risk to your vehicle if you undertake one and it bricks your car.

Those values are already set...... Think I need to get a AS BUILT data for a Focus Titanium X 2017 or the VIN.

1 hour ago, theroninhunter said:

Those values are already set...... Think I need to get a AS BUILT data for a Focus Titanium X 2017 or the VIN.

Set to the values in the lines I posted? I guess it wouldn’t hurt to check the ACM then.......08B8A581-1AB1-4FF0-96B8-A6A7EF3DE16B.thumb.jpeg.45b154df9017125f2c5f2a4a8fae3044.jpeg

I didn't think Forscan could modify the as built in the Acm?

4 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

I didn't think Forscan could modify the as built in the Acm?

It’s not something I’ve tried to do to be honest, it’s on the Forscan forum

you can change it but i read that will never work properly and all uk car dont have climate control on screen. 

51 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

you can change it but i read that will never work properly and all uk car dont have climate control on screen. 

So none of the UK focus have climate control on the Sync3 screen?

Mine does.. works fine?

I'll look up the data lines I changed if you like?

15 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Mine does.. works fine?

I'll look up the data lines I changed if you like?

So changing the temp on the dials shows the correct popup message on Sync3 @Phil21185 ?

I.... think so.... Got me wondering but will check and post back.

Silly question, did you accidentally swap the two lower plugs on the HVAC controls when upgrading?

Can you also set one side of your controls to match cabin temp, then set the other side as low as possible without pulling the first side down, using the physical controls, and see which side vents start blowing - ie if it matches the correct side on the HVAC?

52 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Silly question, did you accidentally swap the two lower plugs on the HVAC controls when upgrading?

Can you also set one side of your controls to match cabin temp, then set the other side as low as possible without pulling the first side down, using the physical controls, and see which side vents start blowing - ie if it matches the correct side on the HVAC?

It's possible but changing the temp on Sync 3 adjusts correctly on the HVAC LCD, it's the other way round that doesn't behave correctly

Edited by theroninhunter
more info

Last post didn't seem to...post.

Looks like mine is the same - I must have only tested it in single temp mode. Interesting there is an option in the APIM diag screen which I'll post a pic of.

Done some testing and blower is in sync with HVAC controls, not sync controls.

More testing needed...

58 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Last post didn't seem to...post.

Looks like mine is the same - I must have only tested it in single temp mode. Interesting there is an option in the APIM diag screen which I'll post a pic of.

Done some testing and blower is in sync with HVAC controls, not sync controls.

More testing needed...

Interesting, well least I am not the only person.  It's not even a problem as it works just more of a annoying niggle

Well to be honest I only enabled the repeater as I like seeing more gadgets and gizmos! I don't use it and more often than not, the climate is on single anyway.

Quick question, do you have nav on yours and if so, is the repeater in the main cluster out by a factor of 256?!

When the 8" says there's a mile to go to the next turning, the cluster says 256. It's almost as if the APIM is sending the data to the cluster but transposed one byte to the right! (Or left, depending on Fords significant bit policy lol)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club