Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk7 Amp amd Sub

christopher102792

Hi all!

I have a Ford Fiesta Mk7 2010 3 door

Ive been looking into putting an amp and subwoofer into my car. I DONT want to add an aftermarket stereo because I feel it would ruin the look of the car.

I was wondering if anyone would know if I could add an amp and sub without cutting the factory wires?

My sub and amp will only take RCA inputs. Looking at ISO Harneses is there a type of harness which can connect to the stereo then I could cut wires there? Is that possible? Whats my best option?

Many thanks

• 11 months later...

On 6/20/2018 at 8:16 AM, christopher102792 said:

Hi all!

I have a Ford Fiesta Mk7 2010 3 door

Ive been looking into putting an amp and subwoofer into my car. I DONT want to add an aftermarket stereo because I feel it would ruin the look of the car.

I was wondering if anyone would know if I could add an amp and sub without cutting the factory wires?

My sub and amp will only take RCA inputs. Looking at ISO Harneses is there a type of harness which can connect to the stereo then I could cut wires there? Is that possible? Whats my best option?

Many thanks

What you are looking for is a T-Harness (also called a SOT harness) but be careful you get the right one as earlier Fiesta's have a different connector to later ones.  I have two amps and a sub installed in my Fiesta without any factory wires being cut so it is definitely possible.  Fair warning though, it was a right PITA as there isn't a lot of room in the dash so there is no room for the ISO connectors. meaning I had to solder everything.  If your amp only accepts RCA inputs then you will likely need a line level converter as well to convert the speaker output to RCA.  I'll be posting my experiences in a build thread when I get the time but there's a couple of subwoofer threads in the Fiesta guides that might point you in the right direction in the meantime.

This video will give you an idea.  The harness used is actually the same as used in later fiestas (only connects2 branded).  Unfortunately we don’t have the luxury of Stinger speedwire in the uk yet that I am aware of (hopefully coming as ever more stinger products are being sold under the autoleads name in the uk).  Cable wise I’d strongly recommend 18awg OFC (copper) as in the video and NOT The much cheaper CCA (which is much less conductive).

Depending in the amp you might get away with an RCA pigtail like in this video as well.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club