Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change Stock Stereo To Aftermarket

muffintastic
聽Share

Hi, I'm new to the site.

I recently passed my test a month ago and decided to get myself a cheap run around, 2006 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 TDCI. I have the stock Ford CD 6000 stereo which is picky about reading CDrs, but will be sketchy about retail discs.

What I'd like to know since it's a double din and I know I can get the lock keys off a famous auction site, could someone recommend on how to fill the gap if I buy a single din aftermarket stereo which is better, I don't want a gaping hole on show and where to get the correct face plate for a single din.聽馃槀

Just eBay double din fascia fiesta (mk6 i believe?) and you will find them there. Hope this helps.

your car should be a mk6.5 (also known as mk6 facelift)聽from聽being 2006聽聽 (mk6 has indicators in top of headlights, mk6.5 has indicators in bottom of headlights) . Mk6 and Mk6.5 have totally different radio hole.

But on eBay the mk6 and mk 6.5 are often referred to as Mk V聽聽 (the V meaning five). it's something to do with the UK Mk4 being a Mk3 facelift in some countries so UK ended up using Mk numbers one higher than in some other places which has caused a lot of confusion when buying parts.

looks right. 聽yes, car is mk6.5 .

I have bought adaptor plates for stereos before, the quality of the plastic and exact fit can vary quite a bit. You can never really tell until it arrives and you try to fit it.聽

• Thanks 1

Yepl thats the ticket mate, i was looking at doing a single din but ended up聽doing double din

20 hours ago, isetta said:

your car should be a mk6.5 (also known as mk6 facelift)聽from聽being 2006聽聽 (mk6 has indicators in top of headlights, mk6.5 has indicators in bottom of headlights) . Mk6 and Mk6.5 have totally different radio hole.

But on ebay the mk6 and mk 6.5 are often referred to as Mk V聽聽 (the V meaning five). it's something to do with the UK Mk4 being a Mk3 facelift in some countries so UK ended up using Mk numbers one higher than in some other places which has caused a lot of confusion when buying parts.

How confussing! Would explain why my parts never fit 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

@isetta聽and @Macka89聽- Sorry for the late reply - So If I got the a fascia, I assume the after market stereo would come with a metal bracket too, sorry I'm a n00b.聽聽

That all depends on the stereo i guess mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club