Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Mpg On 1.6Tdci?

squeegy

To me my wife's fiesta is doing poorer on fuel than i expected.

Her main driving is the school run and driving to and from work (about 20 miles round trip). She is averaging about 40 - 44mpg, and not much higher on a run. Which to me is somewhat dissapointing and my Mondeo estate acheives not far off the Fiestas consumption. I was expecting it to get at least 50mpg on average. Are we expecting to much? Or should i take it back to the dealers? My friends daughter has just bought a 1.6TDCi and took it back to the dealers for poor fuel consumption, for which they did a software update. Can anyone shed any light on the latest updates and from when these take effect?

Yeah i have to agree i seem to be well off the 67mpg that ford said i would get!!!!!

If there is a update on the software then i wanna know about it!!

I get about 40mpg

I've not cleared 39.9mpg, and I do 12 miles a time, twice a day, and I have driven from York to London a few times, but never cleared 39.9

To me my wife's fiesta is doing poorer on fuel than i expected.

Her main driving is the school run and driving to and from work (about 20 miles round trip). She is averaging about 40 - 44mpg, and not much higher on a run. Which to me is somewhat dissapointing and my Mondeo estate acheives not far off the Fiestas consumption. I was expecting it to get at least 50mpg on average. Are we expecting to much? Or should i take it back to the dealers? My friends daughter has just bought a 1.6TDCi and took it back to the dealers for poor fuel consumption, for which they did a software update. Can anyone shed any light on the latest updates and from when these take effect?

I've not cleared 39.9mpg, and I do 12 miles a time, twice a day, and I have driven from York to London a few times, but never cleared 39.9

What is the average MPH to go along with these figures. For example my petrol 1.4 petrol MK7 does around 41 MPG based on ussually 29MPH average which I think is pretty good with the simulated urban quoted by Ford at 37.7NPG. 40-44 for the 1.6 TDC does seem a little low but if the MPH is less than 20 that maybe won't look quite as bad if you get my drift.

What is the average MPH to go along with these figures. For example my petrol 1.4 petrol MK7 does around 41 MPG based on ussually 29MPH average which I think is pretty good with the simulated urban quoted by Ford at 37.7NPG. 40-44 for the 1.6 TDC does seem a little low but if the MPH is less than 20 that maybe won't look quite as bad if you get my drift.

are you sure you have diesels ;) ;) :) :) :P :rolleyes:

Well at 6 or 7 am, it's as fast as I can get it, which basically means having to slow to 60 for corners, but on an evening, it's slow sometimes, other times it's slow at roundabouts. As for motorways, 80-90, even got 110 from her

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club