Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buyin Fiesta Titanium (CAT C)

Xlasis

Hi everyone,

I have found a fiesta 58 plate 1.4 bumber is broken. mileage is 65Clock it will cost me to buy £1600 i am adding pictures of the car please before i buy tell me should i buy it? i had a test drive engine sound looks to me good just bumper need to change

Other thing is, wondering if there any website to check car specs? like is car got parking sensor, bluetooth, etc.. 

Advice please. Thank you.

araba11.jpg

araba111.jpg

You need bumper, grills, hood.

Double check for any crack in the headlight, check hinges of the hood if they bent/move because hood is bent maybe the hinges is ok but still,  pop the hood and check for any bent on front metal panel.

54 minutes ago, fgservo said:

You need bumper, grills, hood.

Double check for any crack in the headlight, check hinges of the hood if they bent/move because hood is bent maybe the hinges is ok but still,  pop the hood and check for any bent on front metal panel.

Yes there is a crack on the right headlight too is totally how much does it cost me ? approx ?

make sure you work out who you will be insuring with. some insurers have as part of the declaration that you have to agree to for the policy that the car has not been an insurance write off.

In the event of a dispute you could not say you didn't know

if you could do the work yourself and didn't mind owning the car with it being less than perfect and intend to keep it long term to use then it may be worth it.

But if you want to make it perfect and can't do the work yourself then it probably won't end up being a bargain. And it will always be worth less if you sold it, even with a perfect repair, than one that is not a Cat C.  

Headlight minimum £45 on eBay, buy original used, not new oem.

Is it 1.4 petrol or diesel? If diesel and it has an intercooler worth triple checking it. When I crashed my 1.6tdci I had less visible damage, but a cracked intercooler, headlamp, alloy and ruined bumper. 

Got to question though - is it worth it? £1600 + parts + labour vs a similar car that hasn't been written off shouldn't be large? 

Cat C isn't worth touching for me. You really have to make sure there's no chassis damage as the front bash bar is right behind that crack on the bumper. Also check that front wheel arch to make sure the seem is the same size all the way down the door. That will add a lot more to the cost of repair.

As long as that's straight then a rough guess would be:
Bonnet - £90
Bumper - £80
Grille - £40
Headlight - £80. So let's call it £300 in parts.

You're then talking upwards of £600 for them to respray the bonnet, bumper and fit everything to the car. So £900 would be my guess.

Given that you can get write off repaired Fiestas for under £3000 on Autotrader, is it really worth all the hassle? As others have said if you can spray at home then it would be worth it but otherwise it would never be a bargain. 

I am very appreciate for all answer

1. Yes car is write off (when i check my insurance of this car in moneysupermarket.com it didn't effect it i don't know £950) if the car write off mean bad?  Incase on future do accident insurance can refuse to pay? 

2. No i can't fix it at all even car is too far away from my place is near by to (Barking) and I am living Uxbridge when i arrive there i just did 2min test drive and just looked the car. 

3. As i said i can't fix i will pay someone to fix it for me. 

Now i am really scaring i was thinking it's good deal. Should i cancel? Is anyone can help me to check the car professionally? 

Thanks. 

If you know nothing about cars then buying a Cat C without doing a good inspection first for bodged jobs isn't the best idea in the world.

Leave it.  There are tens of thousands of used Fiestas for sale that aren't knackered, and one of those would be a lot easier and, in the long run, probably no more expensive.  Not to mention easier to sell on when you've finished with it.

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all for a previously written off vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line. The majority of our insurance schemes have no issues with this.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club