Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk 2 audio cable issue between head unit and door

mastodona7x

Hi guys I didn't know whether to post this here or in the audio thread so apologies for the duplicate post!

I have an issue with my focus mk 2 (2006) in that I no longer have any sound on the right channel front or rear. It's not the Speakers which work fine, or the head unit as we've tested with a different unit, same issue. Using a multimetre we've found the wires die somewhere between leaving the head unit and before they leave through the gator into the door (the rear ones go through the floor I know). With that in mind I wondered do the right channel speaker cables all go into a common junction somewhere hidden away behind the dash that they may have been pulled out of? (I've had a lot of issues with the door, indicator, control module etc so it's perfectly possible this has disturbed the wiring behind the scenes further up).

The fact front and rear stopped at the same time makes me imagine there is somewhere where the wires all go and then for example the front cables turn from grey/black and black/white to just grey and white wires. Where does this happen? And how would I get to this point? I am hoping the rear Speakers are also going there hence they don't work either.

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if I've not explained things that well I am not a very technical person but I've spent 4 hours testing all this and just don't know if I'm going to have to remove the whole dash or what?!

Thanks

James

On 6/22/2018 at 10:07 PM, mastodona7x said:

I wondered do the right channel speaker cables all go into a common junction somewhere hidden away behind the dash

Driver speaker & rear right speaker go through  connector C118. I am not 100% sure where this is, but it looks like it will be low down just in front of the driver's door. You need to pull up the plastic trim along the bottom of the door opening, and remove a bit of the side trim.

I know the other left Speakers go through C112, which is in a similar location on the passenger side, and I have seen that connector.

spkrs.PNG

Hi Peter thanks in advance for your reply it gives me a lot of confidence that this will be quite an easy fix(!) And that someone simply knocked these wires out while trying to fix other issues down there. I'm going to go have a look this morning for c118!

Thanks

Success! Hours and hours wasted as it turned out the mechanic just hadn't quite clicked that plug back together under the trim that you mentioned! It's great to have stereo sound again though thanks so much for the help! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club