Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 Satnav GPS issues / fault

Mavroz

Have a look at the thread "MK 8 ST-Line X 140 early impressions" page 10 which gives a lot of detail on this.

13 hours ago, magic14 said:

May I ask how you get into the diagnostics? I'm having no end of issues! 

Thanks

36 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Have a look at the thread "MK 8 ST-Line X 140 early impressions" page 10 which gives a lot of detail on this.

Thank you

Make sure you have the sound on a little otherwise it doesn't seem to come up,  but make sure it's only a little as the speaker test is loud lol. 

Car is being collected on Tuesday for a healthcheck, software update and some warranty work on the paintwork around the headlight that appears to have rubbed away where the headlight sits on the front bumper.

Anyway, the service desk said they would fully update any software and maps that need it but unfortunately this would still not solve the Satnav issues..... Which we already knew.

16 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Car is being collected on Tuesday for a healthcheck, software update and some warranty work on the paintwork around the headlight that appears to have rubbed away where the headlight sits on the front bumper.

Anyway, the service desk said they would fully update any software and maps that need it but unfortunately this would still not solve the Satnav issues..... Which we already knew.

Mine's in on Tuesday too, for the beginning of the attempts to fix the unfixable. 

Really surprised they are attempting anything. 

How old is the car?

I have talked to people on here now that have only been given the option to return their car for a refund minus a negotiated fee for the use of said car over the time they have owned it.

Good luck, it may be a long road, depending on which one they want to go down.

• Thanks 1

I bought it second hand via the Ford Direct scheme. 

The car is a 2017 67 plate built September 2017. 

Even if I'd known for sure the NAV was affected I'd still have bought the car, just not for quite as much as I paid. 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:19 AM, Mavroz said:

Really surprised they are attempting anything. 

How old is the car?

I have talked to people on here now that have only been given the option to return their car for a refund minus a negotiated fee for the use of said car over the time they have owned it.

Good luck, it may be a long road, depending on which one they want to go down.

Well I've just dropped it off at the dealership. 

He said he'd had a few with the same issue, so I asked what has been the fix... He said 100% success rate with a software update. 

We'll see later on when I collect the car  🙂

Well, ourselves, Ford and other customers must have it all wrong then, if there is a fix after all. Maybe your dealership should tell Ford that a software update fixes the issue as they cartainly don't know about it and aren't currently working on one..... 🤣 

• Haha 1

This is the latest update we know that still carries the SatNav no GPS fault.

Sync version - 3.0

Build - 18025_PRODUCT

Navigation Maps version - F7

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

This is the latest update we know that still carries the SatNav no GPS fault.

Sync version - 3.0

Build - 18025_PRODUCT

Navigation Maps version - F7

Car not available until tomorrow so I'll update once I have it back.

18 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Ok, good luck.

Update... 

Car collected, GPS failure 45 minutes later. 

service are contacting Ford for further direction. 

• Sad 1

Guess that is their 100% success rate gone now....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Guess that is their 100% success rate gone now....

I felt like the king of the world for those 45 minutes though lol... 🙂

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2018 at 3:21 PM, tef89 said:

I felt like the king of the world for those 45 minutes though lol... 🙂

Sorry to hear it didn't do the trick. Don't know if it's just coincidence but mine has behaved since I did the soft reset. Mind you, I've not been in what seems to be my problem area (Wensleydale) since then either. Currently having a few days north of Whitby (first visit in this car), again no problems.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Sorry to hear it didn't do the trick. Don't know if it's just coincidence but mine has behaved since I did the soft reset. Mind you, I've not been in what seems to be my problem area (Wensleydale) since then either. Currently having a few days north of Whitby (first visit in this car), again no problems.

Thanks,  ah well.  I think there is probably more than a single type of fault / problem with the GPS so I guess it won't be the same for everyone.  Hope yours stays OK. 

Having same problem with 2018 Fiesta Vignale, have tried a Master reset and I thought it had worked, long drive from Scotland to Lincoln with no issues. But it is back again, seems to follow route ok (without GPS lock) but then wanders of and doesn't have a clue where it is. An alternative is to use CARPLAY but this also locks up. Don't know if carplay uses the car's GPS signal or the phone's?

4 hours ago, Pete445 said:

Having same problem with 2018 Fiesta Vignale, have tried a Master reset and I thought it had worked, long drive from Scotland to Lincoln with no issues. But it is back again, seems to follow route ok (without GPS lock) but then wanders of and doesn't have a clue where it is. An alternative is to use CARPLAY but this also locks up. Don't know if carplay uses the car's GPS signal or the phone's?

Back to the dealer you go... They will probably flannel you, depending on what they are actually like... Good luck

Read through this thread and the MK8 first impressions thread for more details.

That is if you are bothered about having a car that works as it should.

Evening All,

Apologies to Mavroz for not replying sooner to this thread.

We too had a MK8 18 plate Fiesta Titanium which had this issue with the No GPS fault.

This vehicle was being used constantly and ultimately on most outings the car would be displaying the fault. The car had covered many thousands of miles, at its worst the GPS was displaying a location 30+ miles from the true location.

The car had been in for repair on numerous occasions and all times this was unsuccessful. Ford CRC when I last spoke to them stated it was a software fault and that no fix was available, with no timescale to a resolution.

For an 18 plate car this was unacceptable, to have a major system not functioning, no timescale to resolution and no guarantee from Ford that they could provide another fully working Fiesta, the car was returned.

I wish you all luck with your cars but don't expect a quick solution to this.

If you have any specific questions please PM.

• Thanks 3

It would be interesting to know where your returned car ended up. Possibly into Ford Direct where the next unsuspecting punter might buy it😮!?

The Mrs had a quick chat with our dealer salesman this morning and he told her that the Satnav issues are still very much present in the latest Ford Focus model.....

4 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

The Mrs had a quick chat with our dealer salesman this morning and he told her that the Satnav issues are still very much present in the latest Ford Focus model.....

Glad we didn't buy one of those then!

On 9/16/2018 at 1:52 PM, Mavroz said:

The new car sales manager who dealt with us had a Focus and he had exactly the same issue, so luckily thoroughly understood what we were experiencing.

Again as said previously he has just moved into one of the latest models of the focus and the issue is not there any longer, hopefully bottoming GPS loss on he new ranges.

25 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Your friendly sales manager obviously spoke too soon!😁

• Like 1

Haha, Yeah, it does seem like so. Maybe it isn't affecting all the Focus cars as it appears not to affect all the Fiestas.

It seems more and more people "who didn't have the issue", are now finding out they do have the Satnav issue after all....