Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight tints

Rumblestrip

Had my fog and headlights tinted, also the rear (which I haven't photograped yet) and think it looks nice and stealthy. Paid £80 for the lot done with SPI vision. 

IMG_20180624_144033.jpg

IMG_20180624_143851.jpg

• Like 3

Looks very nice, but how does it affect the light output?

Your car makes me think of this:

"When you press this little black button on this black control panel, a little black light lights up black to tell you you've done it..."

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Looks very nice, but how does it affect the light output?

Your car makes me think of this:

"When you press this little black button on this black control panel, a little black light lights up black to tell you you've done it..."

🙂

I don't know as I'm on the inside of it when the lights are on haha i do think it's reduced the output of the rear lights but that can be solved with brighter/led bulbs

What about at night, are the headlights still bright enough? It does look good though. I got quoted £70 just to get the rear lights tinted with film, I’m not a fan of spi vision / fly eye. I tinted the fogs myself a while back with film and they look good darker. Have you done the high level brake light? I think it would look great if you did the lenses on the mirrors too.

I haven't had the chance to see or use the car in the dark since it's been tinted, I'm always in bed before dark. I think the rear lights suffer a little but that can be solved with brighter bulbs but the front should be ok as I've upgraded the bulbs since I had the car. 

I'm not that impressed with SPI to be honest, the application is difficult due to the curvature of the light housings so the film is peeling off at the curves. Thankfully it comes with a 5 year warranty so it's a case of contacting the fitters. 

19 hours ago, Rumblestrip said:

Had my fog and headlights tinted, also the rear (which I haven't photograped yet) and think it looks nice and stealthy

It would if the A pillars didn't stick out like a sore thumb 😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjt said:

It would if the A pillars didn't stick out like a sore thumb 😀

I know haha Shame I can't do anything with them. 

On 6/24/2018 at 3:34 PM, Phil21185 said:

🙂

hitch hikers guide ?

😉

• Like 3

8 hours ago, biff55 said:

hitch hikers guide ?

😉

10 points, sir! I was wondering if someone would get the reference!

You could plastidip the a pillar trims maybe? 

Or are the St trims black, like the headlining?

• Like 1

i like that a lot looks nice with the black paint work

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

10 points, sir! I was wondering if someone would get the reference!

You could plastidip the a pillar trims maybe? 

Or are the St trims black, like the headlining?

I don't think plastic dip would stick to the pillar trims. I have no idea if the ST has black A pillar trims 

Had a nightmare with that stuff trying to spray the chrome window trims. Peeled off instantly. Ended up getting some 3M wrap and wrapping them myself 

54 minutes ago, Rumblestrip said:

I have no idea if the ST has black A pillar trims 

@Stoney871?

St pillars are a dark charcoal grey and look far tidier than the pale ones.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Edit - Beaten to it lol, they're still very visible from outside as the ones on my neighbours 'Stealthy' ST are very noticeable.  I'll have to have a proper look this evening! :laugh: 

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Need to check this out. Grey would look better than the cream ones. Hope they're easy to fit. 

Ironically I used to build the A pillars for the Nissan Note when I worked for a nissan supplier.  

6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I wonder if the diesels or ST2s get cream ones?  These aren't grey surely!?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ST2-Tdci-2017/283026199279?hash=item41e5ad12ef:g:N-AAAOSwALVbMcmq

That's grey for sure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, biff55 said:

hitch hikers guide ?

😉

Disaster Area's stunt ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

That's grey for sure.

Fair enough then! :biggrin:  They're still not dark enough to be hidden, so I wonder if wrapping them would be a better option for the OP...

53 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Fair enough then! :biggrin:  They're still not dark enough to be hidden, so I wonder if wrapping them would be a better option for the OP...

Would they wrap? Im not sure but I think my A pillars are a fabric or at least patterned, I'll check after work. If they would wrap I think a matte material would be needed to reduce glare etc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rumblestrip said:

Would they wrap? Im not sure but I think my A pillars are a fabric or at least patterned, I'll check after work. If they would wrap I think a matte material would be needed to reduce glare etc. 

Yeah definitely want matt rather than gloss there lol!  All I can see is dashboard in the windscreen this time of year, never had a car so bad for it... 😒

I think they're only lightly textured plastic in my PFL but might be fabric in a facelift.

3 hours ago, mjt said:

Disaster Area's stunt ship.

Nah, Hagunemnon Fleet Admiral's ship.

Depends which version.The book goes with Disaster Area. The radio series was with the Admiral's ship and I can't remember which way the TV series went.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mjt said:

Depends which version.The book goes with Disaster Area. The radio series was with the Admiral's ship and I can't remember which way the TV series went.

The TV series went with Disaster Area's stunt ship at the end of the 5th episode (Restaurant at the end of the universe). 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club