Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't get front fog lamps to work on Fiesta mk 8 after installation? help!

Emma87

Hi guys, wondering if anybody can help me regarding wiring up front fog lamps to my mk 8 2016 Fiesta, it has all wiring behind the bumper so I had plugged up and fitted some lamps and fitted nice smart covers then changed my original switch for a genuine ford one that has the fog light button, all 12 wire's are in the loom so all what's required then was expecting them to work but nothing, I checked to see if it has fog relay behind the glove box and it does, also has the 15 amp fuse in box under bonnet so I would of thought it would be as good as all ready to go, any ideas please as I really want to get the buggers to work? Thanks

1529861632462-1553469823.jpg

15298622998001132772392.jpg

It's possibly they may need programming, either by Ford or someone with Forscan.

Oh right, I have noticed that it doesn't seem there is a front fog lamp symbol on the dash clocks, don't know if it needs to have one though? Obviously it would be getting expensive if I was to change the clocks just to see if that does anything for it, what to do? It really seems daft that all the wiring is there all connected up but nothing!

Phoned ford who seems to think the lamps need to be calibrated up to the car's ecu or something, it goes in on Tuesday and they are changing me £56 for half hours labour, I'll update everyone regarding if thay got them going soon!

the fog lamps need configuring via the bcmii module. then they will work. the bcmii switches the front foglamp relay on

• Like 1

That's good then, as long as it doesn't matter that I can't see a faint front fog light icon on the clock pods? And yes I can see all the icons with phone torch and not one there?

Press and hold the trip reset button, switch ign on , after a short while test mode will appear. Release trip button. Then press the reset button a number of time to get to the led test. This will show all icons

• 2 weeks later...

got the fog lights working in the end after fords simple plug up calibration job, my mistake the icon was in the left dash pod so lights up when fogs on, just need some fog/mist now so I may visit my farther in law in Blaenau ffestiniog lol looks great!!

IMG_20180709_215604.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club