Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRL's in place of fog lights.

jace1969
聽Share

I have read on here a while ago someone doing this,i hardly ever use my fog lights and is there anyone on here that have changed them to

DRL's and are they hard to get done,mine is a pre-facelift 2011 titanium and also where is the best place to get them from or is there a better place to put DRL's.

DRLs are good in the rubbish bin, I hate them and the glare o them in fog is terrible.

They are marmite. You either love them or hate them. I Love them. Mine has聽them on the bottom of the light unit but the mrs mk8 has them all the way around which I prefer and love the look of.馃槃

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

DRLs are good in the rubbish bin, I hate them and the glare o them in fog is terrible.

Ok aint got them but see your point.

So better just sticking with my fog lights and no DRLs聽 just as i read a topic on here about someone changing them for DRLs

If you swap fogs to drl's then they have to be wired in correctly, just keeping them on the fog switch is illegal as they are then still classed as fog lights.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

I have halo indicators on my car. Yeah I'd say its marmite as I was in the middle about them when I installed them but now I'd say they are okay. The white light is bright but don't know if it's too bright in the dark compared to having the main lights on. The indicators aren't as bright. It does look nice, once I was turning with the indicators on and saw someone stick his head out his car to look 馃ぃ.聽

I'm not the type to drive with my fogs lights on so could say these are a nice alternative. I might upgrade my fogs to autobeams switchback unit. You can change the colour between white and yellow on them.聽

DSC_0168.JPG

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

_20180206_170254.JPG

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

I have halo indicators on my car. Yeah I'd say its marmite as I was in the middle about them when I installed them but now I'd say they are okay. The white light is bright but don't know if it's too bright in the dark compared to having the main lights on. The indicators aren't as bright. It does look nice, once I was turning with the indicators on and saw someone stick his head out his car to look 馃ぃ.聽

I'm not the type to drive with my fogs lights on so could say these are a nice alternative. I might upgrade my fogs to autobeams switchback unit. You can change the colour between white and yellow on them.聽

DSC_0168.JPG

IMG_20180204_190140_624.jpg

_20180206_170254.JPG

they look goodand i do like DRLs .

So how much are these for the mk7 and hard to wire up or best leave it to a garage to sort out,looked on eBay but not a lot to fit as fogs but

load to fit into the bumper or somewhere like that.

They were I think 拢35 but I think autobeam increased the price of them but do check on their website to make sure. They are not hard to wire. They have a tutorial on their website however I wired them directly to the wires inside the headlights rather than the wiring loom.聽

On 6/26/2018 at 6:28 PM, zain611 said:

They were I think 拢35 but I think autobeam increased the price of them but do check on their website to make sure. They are not hard to wire. They have a tutorial on their website however I wired them directly to the wires inside the headlights rather than the wiring loom.聽

Cheers mate will look into this.

Seems like a lot don't like them,they are bright on some cars.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club