Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First MOT and Failed

al68
聽Share

My 2015 Tourneo with 25000 miles on the clock failed its first MOT on emissions / smoke. Nothing you can see comes out of the pipe!

The Ford garage poured in some flushing fluid to clean the injectors I presume. Serviced it and it passed.

1. I have had 15 years of Fiat diesels and never have they failed on this. Should I dump the Ford?

2. If they had serviced the car before the MOT would it have passed first time? New filters must help.

3. Should I stop buying diesel from supermarkets?

馃

You should've just driven it hard to the test centre, up to the redline a few times joining a motorway for example. 聽聽

The new MOT regs (came out last month) are very tight on modern diesel emissions, modern Fiat diesels will have the same issue.

Thanks. It did a 200 mile journey on the M20, M25 recently and a 50 mile journey last week.

Now I know that the plate value on the Tourneo is 0.5 which is under the maximum default value of 0.7. I find it amazing that it was tested as 0.96 which is twice the plate value. I have written to customer services at Ford.

Wow, you should've said it was that high on the original post!

My non-DPF A3 passed the smoke test with an average of less than that yesterday lol.聽 It's not so much about a fast motorway run though, as a hard one, you really want to be getting it up near the limiter now and then to keep everything clean.聽 Just for reference, my DPF Focus passed with 0.25 a couple of weeks ago.

I have had the emissions checked again and the best it can achieve is 0.5 which is the Ford plate value. It just scraped in after 25000 miles in 3 years. What will it be like when it gets a bit older!!!!!!

It shouldn't really be any worse as it gets older, that's the point of the plate figures and new tests.聽聽

I can't understand why yours is struggling to pass the limits though.聽 It's the same 1.6TDCi as the Focus isn't it?

On 6/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, TomsFocus said:

It shouldn't really be any worse as it gets older, that's the point of the plate figures and new tests.聽聽

I can't understand why yours is struggling to pass the limits though.聽 It's the same 1.6TDCi as the Focus isn't it?

Its a 1560 TDCI and Euro5 diesel engine.

10 minutes ago, al68 said:

Its a 1560 TDCI and Euro5 diesel engine.

Yeah, same engine as my Focus...聽 6 years/45k miles and passed with 0.24...

Perhaps they get better with age, like a fine wine!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

With a dpf, unless it's cracked, it's almost a physical impossibility for it to get worse, your goi g to get a dpf blockage and a de rate before that... It's really intended to catch people who have gutted or removed a dpf...

I guess it could be a minor leakage around the edges, between dpf ceramic and the "can" and if you don't get it good and hot prior to test that it's not sealing to the can so well, so I suggest get whole engine and exhaust nice and toasty prior to MOT

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

hi my 2014 transit connect as recently passed its mot the opacity reading was 0.27 . it as covered 109000 miles it as the 115 bhp engine being a limited edition first thing dump the super market fuel it does not make sence you will get better mpg with quality fuel any savings at the super market are not worth it . also i have put 2 stroke mineral oil in my diesel for the past 15 plus years really does make a difference it increases lubricity of the diesel and helps the fuel burn cleaner also try forte diesel treatment i use it at every service and it does what it says on the bottle . only had about 300 mil of 2 stroke to a full tank of diesel works wonders ticks over smoother and just runs better . but dont take my word for it just google it there is plenty of info there

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club