Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sensor snapped off in DPF

synaesthesia
聽Share

Bah 馃槥聽Diagnosing a P0428 error code and took out the sensor from the front of the DPF, to find the rod bit had snapped off. Ah well, crap happens; ordered another sensor which arrived today.

Went to put it in, and no-go; seems like the old one has wedged itself in the hole 馃槥聽I'm at a loss how I'm going to get that out and I *really* could do without having to get the whole ruddy DPF out again 馃槙聽Whilst I'm waiting for some epoxy to set on the old one hoping it might grab enough for me to undo & pull it out, has anyone come across this before and have any advice?

I don't think it'll be any easier to remove with the DPF out tbh.聽 I haven't seen this happen before.

How much is left sticking out of the hole?聽 Can you put a picture up?

Nowt sticking out 馃槥聽About 5mm left on the sensor body, nothing even close to sticking out in the DPF.聽

dpfsens.jpg

I don't know what the sensor looks like or what the dpf is like inside where the sensor goes. so I might be talking rubbish, but can you not just hammer that bit inwards so it just ends up loose in the dpf ?

That has crossed my mind but without knowing if I'm likely to cause more damage by doing that (or making extraction impossible if it doesn't move) it's too risky.

there must be someone on this forum who knows what it looks like on the inside - someone who has gutted their dpf.

Inside the DPF there are two 'solid' cores, the cat at the top, and the DPF underneath.聽 The temp sensor sits in the聽 gap between the two so there's no way to access it from either end.

I was also going to suggest pushing it in.聽 It will be impossible to remove once inside, but I don't see it coming out this way either!聽 It will just sit on the DPF core, will cover a couple of the core holes but there are hundred of holes so I don't see it being an issue.

Of course that's only my opinion, others may vary.

Righto, that'll give me something to hammer away at tomorrow evening then 馃槃聽Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club