Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! 2018 Fiesta: Active 1.0 ecoboost 85 HP- Enough?

AdiFrance

Dear all,

I would really appreciate your input on the best 2018 Ford Fiesta model to choose from, having limited budget....

In terms of engine quality, I was planning on getting the regular Fiesta with the 1.0 ecoboost 100 hp. However, for the same price I could get the Active model (which I much prefer in terms of looks) but in order to stay within budget, I would be forced to downgrade to the 1.0 ecoboost 85 hp. 

The question is if the performance of the engine with the 85 horse power is going to be significantly lower than the 100 version? We are a family of 4. Usually car will be used in the city, but not only.

Thank you so much in advance!

Adi

I'd say even the 100hp is too low especially when fully loaded, but if budget is a problem then get the 85hp Ecoboost and have it remapped will be around 130HP maybe even more think all the 1.0 ecoboosts are the same turbo

Guys thanks so much for your feedback... As I feared, the 85 won't do, the part in the video where he goes from 2nd to 3rd was painful to watch 🙃and I'm not sure we'd experiment with chipping.... I guess it will have to be the regular model....

Though it seems that in the video he talks about a 1.1 non turbo 85 hp engine.. In my case it would be a 1.0 turbo ecoboost engine with 6 speeds... Not sure it makes great difference though?

Cheers,

Yes the 85ps Engine is a 1.1 not the 1.0 ecoboost.

The 1.1 85ps is a 3 cylinder non turbo which was to replace the 1.25 4 cylinder 82ps Engine.

The 1.0 Ecoboost Engine, comes in 100ps, 125ps and 140ps variants. 

12 minutes ago, Bennyboy1985 said:

Yes the 85ps Engine is a 1.1 not the 1.0 ecoboost.

The 1.1 85ps is a 3 cylinder non turbo which was to replace the 1.25 4 cylinder 82ps Engine.

The 1.0 Ecoboost Engine, comes in 100ps, 125ps and 140ps variants. 

I'm located in France, and at least here my options for the 2018 active model in petrol are either a 1.5 liter engine with 85 horsepower (the bigger, more expensive model) or a turbo 1.0 ecoboost engine, which at least here, does come in 85 horsepower. These are the only two options for the active. (screenshot attached).

So I wonder if the fact it's a turbo 85 ps helps things a bit, or would still be too weak when fully loaded. 

fiesta.png

Yes looks like it is a turbo Ecoboost, not the same as the base Fiesta one.

But that Active seems very expensive £18000 with no options!

5 minutes ago, Tiexen said:

Yes looks like it is a turbo Ecoboost, not the same as the base Fiesta one.

But that Active seems very expensive £18000 with no options!

The prices are in Euros.. The base price for the Active is 18,625 Euros which is about 16,400 pounds (the only option I added is the roof bars), but until the end of the month they have a promo where the VAT is reduced, so the price is 20% off which is a pretty good deal, you end up paying 15,600 Euros which is 13,750 pounds. Question remains if the 1.0 85 ecoboost will do...

3 hours ago, AdiFrance said:

The prices are in Euros.. The base price for the Active is 18,625 Euros which is about 16,400 pounds (the only option I added is the roof bars), but until the end of the month they have a promo where the VAT is reduced, so the price is 20% off which is a pretty good deal, you end up paying 15,600 Euros which is 13,750 pounds. Question remains if the 1.0 85 ecoboost will do...

Is the colour standard? UK its a £500 option

image.png.5e1bb7ec670193c3c0f0e956812bd015.png

I wouldn’t consider anything less than the 125 version, but that’s just my opinion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Tiexen said:

1 hour ago, Tiexen said:

image.png.5e1bb7ec670193c3c0f0e956812bd015.png

Sorry Tiexen, yes, forgot about the paint, also here it's per cost (500 Euros), but as you can see in my screenshot the final price, equivalent to about 13, 750 pounds includes the additional cost of the paint (and the roof bars). 

12 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

I wouldn’t consider anything less than the 125 version, but that’s just my opinion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club