Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alexp's 2018 Fiesta ST

alexp999

As some of you may know, I've been waiting for the 2018 Fiesta ST for some time. I placed my order back at the end of April, and it finally arrived at the dealers yesterday.

Here's some pics they took of it being unloaded, and then some pics I took after I went to look at it today and take it for a spin. It sounds and drives amazing, can't wait to pick it up Saturday! 😁

IMG_0443m.thumb.jpg.f4363f5707086351c0d7db83e135d4b4.jpg

IMG_0449m.thumb.jpg.bdb0759dc58888f7f9fffa6307b5e628.jpg

DSC_0464.thumb.JPG.a8c46076a9407d8eb1b0d7e1dbe2e329.JPG

DSC_0463.thumb.JPG.920d4e2760b7b91fc1fd244b8aa453f7.JPG

DSC_0466.thumb.JPG.e400df415a57c24f20aec341292d5536.JPG

DSC_0467.thumb.JPG.2efce6078724ab1da131b7e1b5f63aa0.JPG

DSC_0469.thumb.JPG.c3b2037925ec3d2db00aeb576c445f8b.JPG

DSC_0470.thumb.JPG.8221f42fee9b73837864e55fe3a69bb6.JPG

• Like 9

That looks nice and great in white.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Does look good in that colour. It's a new car I know but id get that front plastic on the bumper painted in the same colour. I do love that new plastic look. My plastic door handles has gone to a light grey / white colour but sorted that out with a permanent trim restorer. 

One thing I want to ask is does BMW use the same engine as that ST? My dad's friend has a 2015 BMW 318i which comes with a 1.5 3 cylinder turbo. Went on a test drive and have to say it does have power and its able to shift that weight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Does look good in that colour. It's a new car I know but id get that front plastic on the bumper painted in the same colour. I do love that new plastic look. My plastic door handles has gone to a light grey / white colour but sorted that out with a permanent trim restorer. 

One thing I want to ask is does BMW use the same engine as that ST? My dad's friend has a 2015 BMW 318i which comes with a 1.5 3 cylinder turbo. Went on a test drive and have to say it does have power and its able to shift that weight. 

The front fog surrounds aren't just the normal black/grey plastic. They're like magnetic metallic with lots of flake, but a matte finish.

DSC_0471.thumb.jpg.40f6c73c083572731918def9365c45fa.jpg

The BMW and Ford 1.5 3 pots are different engines. But I think they just arrived at the same conclusion. 500cc cylinder, 3 pot. It sounds amazing and is so smooth, you wouldn't think its a 3 if it wasn't for the noise.

• Like 2

Id say not to touch the plastics then 🤣. Never knew you could get that on plastics but must look nice with the matte contrast. 

I used to have a 1 litre 3 cylinder car and have to say it did sound like a sports car. 3 cylinders I think sound better than 4 cylinder engines. On the hiyundai i10 people say it sounds like an E46 M3 and that has a 1 litre 3 cylinder engine. Yeah the beamer felt smooth aswell. My previous car I noticed wouldn't idle smoothly with that 3 cylinder engine. Just shows how technology has advanced. 

• Like 1

What a beautiful car! I wish you a lot of fun and safe miles with it, which I'm sure you will have!

It was on my bucket list as well to wait for the ST, but here in the Netherlands they totally ruined the car with taxes.. starting at 32.000 EUR (28.500 GBP). Really cool headlights as well, hope to get a pair for my ST-line as the option wasn't available when I ordered mine in january. 

• Like 1

WOW! That looks amazing in white, good choice Alex! 

I bet you're itching to get it on your driveway now! 😄

• Like 1

Just looked at a nice few reviews on youtube at the Mk8 ST and what a car,there a few nice touches i can see they have added.

Alex,what is it like on the few things they mention,is the steering to springy like goes back to the center,do the seats grip your side a lot and whats the 2 cylinder like

when in town,sounds amazing as well with the popping.

So this new 1.5 will only be in the ST then and ST-Line its the 125 or 140bhp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jace1969 said:

Just looked at a nice few reviews on youtube at the Mk8 ST and what a car,there a few nice touches i can see they have added.

Alex,what is it like on the few things they mention,is the steering to springy like goes back to the center,do the seats grip your side a lot and whats the 2 cylinder like

when in town,sounds amazing as well with the popping.

So this new 1.5 will only be in the ST then and ST-Line its the 125 or 140bhp.

There is a weird self centring resistance when accelerating out of bends. I wonder if it's the diff. It's not like torque steer, I was in a bit of an "awe daze" when I drove it, need a bit more time behind the wheel.

Didn't notice any 2 cylinder action, dealer was with me and stuck it in sport mode though, so that probably stops it.

Seats bases do feel a bit narrow, I didn't get any numb bum for the time I was driving, but I seem to remember my Focus ST seats being uncomfy initially and taking a bit of time to bed in.

Yeah 1.5 EB is only for the ST on the Fiesta, ST-Line has the 1.0 EB. But the new Focus is getting the 1.5 EB in 150 and 180 tunes.

57 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

There is a weird self centring resistance when accelerating out of bends. I wonder if it's the diff. It's not like torque steer, I was in a bit of an "awe daze" when I drove it, need a bit more time behind the wheel.

Didn't notice any 2 cylinder action, dealer was with me and stuck it in sport mode though, so that probably stops it.

Seats bases do feel a bit narrow, I didn't get any numb bum for the time I was driving, but I seem to remember my Focus ST seats being uncomfy initially and taking a bit of time to bed in.

Yeah 1.5 EB is only for the ST on the Fiesta, ST-Line has the 1.0 EB. But the new Focus is getting the 1.5 EB in 150 and 180 tunes.

So the ST-Line don't get the 1.0 140bhp EB.

Forgot to add,did you have the performance pack (i think they said) as its got a new Diff that makes all the power go to the one side on the rear or something to push you

out of corners better,someone will put me right on here but they did name it.

The reviews made me sick as i could picture myself in it lol.   I will dream.

Just now, jace1969 said:

So the ST-Line don't get the 1.0 140bhp EB.

Forgot to add,did you have the performance pack (i think they said) as its got a new Diff that makes all the power go to the one side on the rear or something to push you

out of corners better,someone will put me right on here but they did name it.

The reviews made me sick as i could picture myself in it lol.   I will dream.

Yeah the ST-Line Fiesta can have 125 or 140 1.0 EB.

And got the perf pack with diff included.

Enjoy mate as a great bit of kit there.

Dark blue, followed by white...you must like cleaning cars! :biggrin:

It does look very 'premium' for a Fiesta, and I really those wheels! What's the ride comfort like? 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:16 AM, TomsFocus said:

Dark blue, followed by white...you must like cleaning cars! :biggrin:

It does look very 'premium' for a Fiesta, and I really those wheels! What's the ride comfort like? 

I like washing the car, just not very often, haha.

I didn't realise until I had the Focus how terrible DIB is at staying clean. My Ink Blue Titanium X was never that bad and it was darker. Even my panther black Fiesta didn't show dirt like DIB. Literally minutes after washing DIB you can see the dust on it.

My new Fiesta was looking clean even with the summer dust (apart from a few bugs), right up until I had to drive it home through the rain last night. 😅

The main reason I bought white is that I was fed up of the marks in the lacquer on the Focus. I live off a country lane that often has bits of bush sticking out and I managed to put a massive mark in the lacquer the whole length of the car. Shouldn't show up on white.

Plus it's much cooler in summer, which is handy as the AC isn't currently working! 😩

Ride comfort is really good for a Fiesta ST, better than I expected. It's still firm and the high speed ride while fine on dual carriageways and motorways can get a little jiggly on rough country roads where the Focus would glide better over them. But as it's much lighter it actually doesn't thump and roll in to bumps and dips like the Focus does, so it feels better in that respect. Better and worse than the Focus ST in different ways. But the feel of it is so much better than the Focus. Makes that feel like a beached whale in comparison. Focus ST only started to feel good around 60 mph, Fiesta feels good all the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

I like washing the car, just not very often, haha.

I didn't realise until I had the Focus how terrible DIB is at staying clean. My Ink Blue Titanium X was never that bad and it was darker. Even my panther black Fiesta didn't show dirt like DIB. Literally minutes after washing DIB you can see the dust on it.

My new Fiesta was looking clean even with the summer dust (apart from a few bugs), right up until I had to drive it home through the rain last night. 😅

The main reason I bought white is that I was fed up of the marks in the lacquer on the Focus. I live off a country lane that often has bits of bush sticking out and I managed to put a massive mark in the lacquer the whole length of the car. Shouldn't show up on white.

Plus it's much cooler in summer, which is handy as the AC isn't currently working! 😩

Ride comfort is really good for a Fiesta ST, better than I expected. It's still firm and the high speed ride while fine on dual carriageways and motorways can get a little jiggly on rough country roads where the Focus would glide better over them. But as it's much lighter it actually doesn't thump and roll in to bumps and dips like the Focus does, so it feels better in that respect. Better and worse than the Focus ST in different ways. But the feel of it is so much better than the Focus. Makes that feel like a beached whale in comparison. Focus ST only started to feel good around 60 mph, Fiesta feels good all the time.

I think cars get dirtier in summer tbh, tree sap and bugs seem to glue dust and pollen to the paintwork, not to mention all the extra birds aiming for cars. :laugh:  I know what you mean about bush scratches, I drive a lot back roads and it's impossible not to catch the bushes occasionally, my panther black Mk2 looked pretty bad on the NS time I sold it.  It is also noticeable on the Silver mk3 which I wasn't expecting, will be interesting to see how visible it is on white.  AC not working already?  That's a good start... :tongue:   I'm years away from being able to afford one of these but it sounds like the ride might not be so bad, depends how jiggly it is on back roads though, my only complaint about the A3 is the jiggling on the backroads, and I find the Mk3 Focus a bit jiggly in the same places, though obviously not as bad.  Not really sure what causes it, it's like the dampers can't keep up, yet they spent so much on designing this sort of thing, I guess it's the compromise between different surfaces but personally I'd rather sacrifice a little handling for less jiggling.  (PS, apologies for the lack of paragraphs, still a bug with the smilies lol).

That's not right. If I bought a new car and something was already wrong with it I'd be furious. At least ford will sort it out.

All this talk about your ST has reminded me how fun my zetec s is to drive. Ford have done well on their suspension set ups on their cars. Yeah the zetec s doesn't have a sporty engine like mine has the 1.6 diesel engine which is also found in the zetec and ghia models but that suspension setup is great. My dad has been driving my car to work lately as his car is stuck in the garage as he's changing the turbo and steering rack. Even he was having fun in it speeding around corners. He went a little over that a unmarked police car pulled up next to him and said to slow down🤣

It looks so good! Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

The MK8 is growing on me as I hated the back when they first launched the car, but the ST does go some way to help those thoughts 

It does look good in White, but I think my favourite colour isSilver Fox which looks a lot like the ST200 colour which I have always liked

Not seen any Mk8 ST’s in the wild yet but it seems they are starting to filter through into the wild to the early adopters 

I hope you enjoy it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray, air con is fixed. 😄

I can go to Ford Fair now, lol. Did not fancy that journey and queues with no A/C.....

• Like 1

Hurray, air con is fixed. [emoji1]
I can go to Ford Fair now, lol. Did not fancy that journey and queues with no A/C.....
So I can keep my aircon to myself then?
[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1