Do Not Sell My Personal Information

F7 maps on Sync 2

Pebbleheed

Anyone know if there’s a way to get the F7 maps to work on Sync two or is it just stuck at F6?

Just wondering if Sync two has been left for dead in terms of future map updates. 

F6 was released in May 2017. But still no info about F7 😞

Yeah I suspect sync 2 has been shelved in terms of updates. Just wondering if it’s possible to adapt a sync 3 maps update or even another format. 

2 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

Yeah I suspect sync 2 has been shelved in terms of updates. Just wondering if it’s possible to adapt a sync 3 maps update or even another format. 

AFAIK Ford UK still hasn't officially released the F7 update for Sync 3 either, although it is possible to download F7 from Ford servers. I've been using for a while without issue,

• Like 1

I was wondering if it was possible to use that update somehow on Sync 2?

8 minutes ago, Pebbleheed said:

I was wondering if it was possible to use that update somehow on Sync 2?

I don't know for sure, but my best guess is that it would not be possible.

The information in the files is used to update the Sync 3 system via USB and once the update is processed the USB is removed.  I'm not sure how this could be converted into an appropriate file/data format to install on a SD Card, or if the data is even in the same format used for the Microsoft based Sync 2 platform.   

I’ve just obtained F6 as F3 came with my focus. I’ll wait for the price to drop 😄

I went from F5 to F6 and don't notice any difference. Has anyone brought an F7 yet from eBay?

The prices are too high for now. Wait till someone starts mass producing as they seem to do with F6. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally version F7 came out.

Last week I placed the order with a seller of eBay españa. Mount the cards on sandisk cards.

Surprisingly it goes faster than my original F6. It seems that it is because it has higher reading speeds than the original ones.

The cards he sends contain the English, Spanish, Italian and French languages, but for what he says he also has other languages.

I let you the link, in case you are interested.  

Hmmm. 

Someone joins the forum today and their first post is in broken English about a Spanish seller who’s passing off dodgy ford nav cards that are illegally produced. 

The suspicous person in me suspects you sir are the seller looking for free advertising  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He's gone [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club