Sign in to follow this  
fordbricks

B&O Fista sound

I have the 2017 B&O version Fiesta with titanium trim (didn't buy it for the B&O system the car  was just a good deal) .

Not impressed with the B&O sound system, music is OK but speech on the radio is v sibilant.  Turning down the treble doesn't improve it much..

Speech was no problem in my previous 2015 Fiesta Titanium and music was v good as well.

Any one else having similar issues?

Not the "huge" improvement I expected over the Sony system on my last Fiesta but it still sounds very good - what settings are you using stero/surround?

From What HIFI:

The Fiesta allows you to play around with treble, mid-range and bass, while balance and fader are also there to help you shift the audio around the cabin if required. After a quick blast, we take the treble down a notch – it sounds a bit prickly and over-enthusiastic for our tastes.

You’ve also got the option of switching between stereo and surround-sound. Stereo doesn’t change the number of Speakers being used, just the levels and equalisation between them all.

Both options work well – surround immerses you more and blends instruments and vocals into a rich and well-organised soundfield. Stereo mode brings extra focus and precision, but the trade-off is that your bubble of sound becomes deflated. We settle with surround.

Scrolling down the menus, we also make a beeline for the adaptive volume setting and turn it off. It’s designed to increase or decrease the volume of the system as car speeds up and slows down, but we find it can also skew the balance of the audio.

I've tried both stereo and surround -  both have sibilant speech - It's the worst spoken word sound I've had in a car for about 30yrs.  Maybe it's the radio (Is that B&O as well? ) I've been using DAB but  maybe FM will be better.

I was not so happy with it when I just had the car, but it really seems that the Speakers need some time running in. I really hated the surround option for its speech, but on stereo it sounds pretty good to me. I switched the adaptive volume off, this really did make the system sound better.

My settings in the equalizer are: +1, -1, +2, which gives me a pretty clear sound on both radio and spotify. The latest sounding amazingly good with the B&O system, if you do select the highest bitrate.