Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash light

katelyndon

On our 2011 transit van a lIght keeps coming on and off. It's in the rev counter, bottom right. It's a arrow pointing up. Can't find nothing about it in the hand book.

That sounds like it's telling you to change up gears. 

Is it green? If so it the gear  change indicator

Thank you both. I will change gears a bit more. Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Mines red, doesn’t seem to appear on the dash at all, only when the ignition is on then goes off once I start the car

Ours is green and keeps telling us to change up a gear to save fuel. It's a bit of a nuicence when you got 6 gears in a built up area

On 8/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, katelyndon said:

Ours is green and keeps telling us to change up a gear to save fuel. It's a bit of a nuicence when you got 6 gears in a built up area

I use to have a car with the eco gear dash indicator it was a pain when driving up hills in low gear always telling me to get into higher gear 

Yes. I think this idea of a light is a bit stupid

Agreed! I don’t understand why mine doesn’t come on on my 05 mk2 as stated all lights display on dash when ignition is on I have the “RED” arrow pointing up but doesn’t tell me to change gear seems pointless 

1 hour ago, TazO said:

Agreed! I don’t understand why mine doesn’t come on on my 05 mk2 as stated all lights display on dash when ignition is on I have the “RED” arrow pointing up but doesn’t tell me to change gear seems pointless 

You're not pushing it hard enough...  The red one is a damage warning, not an efficiency indicator.  Hold it in gear right around to the red line and the red arrow will come up. 

Yeh. Mine is green arrow. But you can't keep going into 6th gear in a built up area

The green one is only a suggestion for lower emmisions, you're not obliged to follow it's orders lol.  

It's a fairly clever system tbf, working on engine load rather than just speed, but it's not as good at feeling the engine labour as human driver can be, if it's telling you to change up too early, just ignore it. :smile:

I wish my husband would ignore it. He tries to do as light says. But in our other van 07 transit, it doesn't have one and he rarely goes into 5th let alone 6th