Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con .. 07 Focus titanium

angus5041

Hi All . This great weather has had me reaching for the air con ,Come to the conclusion its not working , not even sure where to look tbh ,I have heard it may need some gas ? or a faulty compressor . its been a long time since i last had it on and tbh I dint even know if it worked .then . any pointers please .. Jim

If you're a bit mechanically minded, bridge the AC pressure switch briefly with the engine running and AC switched on - if the compressor and fan run then that's a good start.  If they don't you need to find out why, check fuses, relays etc.

Assuming they do, you then need to get the gas checked at a garage - if it's lost a small amount you probably just need a regas.  If it's lost a lot or almost empty then there's likely to be a leak somewhere.  The AC garage should be able to find the leak for you.

Cheers Tom , I have a start point I am on  it .. regards Jim

Edited by angus5041

Also, even if you do still have some gas in the system.  If the AC hasn't been getting used once in a while, there's a good chance the rubbers seals will have dried out/perished whihc is rather more of a pain to resolve.

Although until you start working through it you won't know, you may get lucky and just need a gas recharge. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Damian / Tom , there was a leak after all ..not sure if worth the expense to have if fixed tbh 

2 hours ago, angus5041 said:

Cheers Damian / Tom , there was a leak after all ..not sure if worth the expense to have if fixed tbh 

Where's the leak?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angus5041 said:

Depends where it is, could be pennies.

Got a Group on deal 33 quid for a recharge at an ATS place , guy never said  where just took about an hour and said it was leaking out, and didn't know anyone who did  repairs 

or in other words, discovered a leak and finding it was more hassle then he could be bothered to deal with. 

Some people!!

If I didn't have so many other problems to deal with first I was seriously considering looking for my leak myself. wee vacuum pump and gauge set costs about £120 quid or so. with luck you can find the leak by the sound of the air entering the system, worse case you could get "dirty" and DIY recharge it with gas and dye but thats a little unethical and fairly expensive. after a moment of thought I decided its probably cheaper for the garage to find the leak, unless its the evaporator in which case I think id just say to hell with it. ill do without.

Got a Group on deal 33 quid for a recharge at an ATS place , guy never said  where just took about an hour and said it was leaking out, and didn't know anyone who did  repairs 

Thanks Dee,  Still looking around 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club