Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibrating Brakes

matthewlong(drivingschool)

Hi there. I hope someone out there can help me. I have a 57 plate KA zetec climate. In the snow over xmas it took a slight detour off a mountain road. The front left wheel dug into the mud and flipped the car onto it's passenger side and then it slid on its side for about 15 metres. The poor thing sat like this for 24hours before a recovery truck could get near it. It was recovered and sent to a ford dealer for repairs. Despite costing £2,800 to fix, the insurance ompany footed the bill. The garage fixed up all the panels and a few bits of trim, but didn't look at the wheels or suspension. When I got the car back the other day I found the steering had a slight wobble which turned into a violent vibration when the brakes were applied. I took the car back to ford who claim that the brakes were knackered before the crash. I know this isn't true as they worked perfectly and never even had a slight vibration. 14 days before the crash the car had been serviced by a different Ford dealer who said nothing of any brake problems. The car has only covered 23,000 miles. The garage insists that the discs are shot and should be replaced. How can this be the cause of the steering and brake vibration? Could they be missing something else? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

warped discs would give a vibration and a pulsing sensation through the brake pedal when the brakes are applied, the only true way to check is with a dial gauge which will test the run out of the discs.

I WOULD CONTACT THE INSURANCE ABOUT IT AS THEY FOOTED THE BILL FOR THE REPAIR & IT'S NOT TO STANDARD &

THE CAR WAS GIVENBACK TO YOU TO DRIVE & IT'S NOT BEEN TESTED PROPERLY AFTER AN ACCIDENT OF THE SORT YOU HAD.

IT SHOULD HAVE HAD A PROPER TEST ON IT BEFOR GOING BACK ON THE ROAD.

OR CONTACT FORD MAIN OFFICE TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT ?

SORRY FOR THE CAPS ON

Now you mention it, it does feel like warped discs. When you brake softly at slow speeds you can feel the car slow, then go, then slow, then go. How could this have happened? Would it be possible for them to warp because they had sat on their side in the snow after being used?

I notified the insurance company when I got the car back but they wanted me to give the garage a chance to sort out the faults (there were many! dodgy paint jobs, rubbish panel fit, forgot to refurbish the alloys, etc etc etc)Will definately give them another call.

Thanks for your replies!

ps. I wasn't driving it at the time, the wife was!! oooops! All okay though.

Now you mention it, it does feel like warped discs. When you brake softly at slow speeds you can feel the car slow, then go, then slow, then go. How could this have happened? Would it be possible for them to warp because they had sat on their side in the snow after being used?

I notified the insurance company when I got the car back but they wanted me to give the garage a chance to sort out the faults (there were many! dodgy paint jobs, rubbish panel fit, forgot to refurbish the alloys, etc etc etc)Will definately give them another call.

Thanks for your replies!

ps. I wasn't driving it at the time, the wife was!! oooops! All okay though.

are they sure the shaekll ius straight it was flipped so ide be looking at bent strut and possibly wishbone warped disks and calipers with thee front dug in that wheel took the weight of the car and it doesnt take much to bend sounds like the disks are shot caliper could be bent ide definately have th estruts etc all thoroughly checked a sthey may very well be damaged

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club