Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forscan lead

Macka89

Wondering what exact lead i need to use for forscan to my fiesta zetec mk6 06 plate. A few things i want to do via forscan but not 100% on ehat lead i need. Thanks

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

This is the one I was recommended for my mk7 fiesta. Works well with Forscan, just needs the right drivers which are available from the sellers website.

I can only assume it would work with a mk6

18 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I can guarantee this cable will work with your vehicle and Forscan 

i have used it myself and the drivers come with it. Install the drivers before you connect the cable to the laptop and certainly before you connect the car up. 

Awesome thanks mate ive ordered it, so many people say all different ones. I seen this one a few times. All i want it for is so i can remote fob my windows 😂😂

• Like 1

No problem. It’s done me for a few different fords now. 

Mk5 Mondeo, mk6, 7 & 7.5 Fiestas and my current mk3.5 focus

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

No problem. It’s done me for a few different fords now. 

Mk5 Mondeo, mk6, 7 & 7.5 Fiestas and my current mk3.5 focus

Hoping you may know the answer to this, i have seen a few people say that global window open and close only works if you have one touch windows, i only have the front as electric and only the drivers as one touch open not close. So is this going to work or not? Its all i want lmao

3 hours ago, Macka89 said:

Hoping you may know the answer to this, i have seen a few people say that global window open and close only works if you have one touch windows, i only have the front as electric and only the drivers as one touch open not close. So is this going to work or not? Its all i want lmao

no all windows need to be electric for it to work

• Like 1

As @cjay1 has said, unfortunately you need to have at least elec 1 touch up/down in both front windows. 

If you only make one change via Forscan then may I suggest you activate auto locking, the doors will lock when you go above 12mph and stay locked until you either press the unlock button or open the drivers door. With the new ‘game’ hitting the car scene it’s a must. Idiot kids run along side your car and open your passenger door then leg it down a side street when you slam your breaks on.

• Thanks 2

+1 for the auto locks also stops carjacking and theft from your vehicle 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

As @cjay1 has said, unfortunately you need to have at least elec 1 touch up/down in both front windows. 

If you only make one change via Forscan then may I suggest you activate auto locking, the doors will lock when you go above 12mph and stay locked until you either press the unlock button or open the drivers door. With the new ‘game’ hitting the car scene it’s a must. Idiot kids run along side your car and open your passenger door then leg it down a side street when you slam your breaks on.

Just got my lead so im gona have a play later, this i will deffo turn on. As my area is really bad for car thefts atm! Anything else worth turning on or off? Gutted about my windows lol. Im guessing theres no way you can make the windows one touch apart from buying a new car?

thanks lads for info 👍👍☺️

there are hundreds of options you can change some require additional hardware to work some don't just make sure you back everything up before you change anything so you can change it back if you're not happy.

14 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

there are hundreds of options you can change some require additional hardware to work some don't just make sure you back everything up before you change anything so you can change it back if you're not happy.

Ok thanks 👍👍

does anyone know where i can find a "spreadsheet" for fiesta mk6 for forscan. cant seem to find one so i can find my way round. thanks

Not seen a spreadsheet sorry. 

On some model years it is a case of just looking on Forscan at the different modules and then selecting on/off or activate/deactivate. 

As above though make sure you make back ups of all your modules as they are now just in case something has an undesired result. 

On 7/5/2018 at 10:12 PM, Jonro2009 said:

I like to grab them by the hair and stamp on the accelerator.

On a serious note, is Forscan worth getting hold of?

1 hour ago, Jethro_Tull said:

I like to grab them by the hair and stamp on the accelerator.

On a serious note, is Forscan worth getting hold of?

Now i can certainly get on board with that idea!

forscan is a great bit of kit but can also potentially brick your car. I’d say it’s worth having though. The lead cost me £16 and the software is free as is the license. I had a Mondeo before the focus and I bought a £6.99 camera and £2 worth of wire and solder and managed to fit a rear camera that worked exactly as an OEM (apart from moving steering lines) and showed on the Sync2 screen then activated it via Forscan. saved around £500 if I was to get ford to retrofit an OEM camera.

• Thanks 1

On Thu Jul 05 2018 at 7:22 AM, Macka89 said:

Actually yes global opening/closing should work

If you have electric fronts they should have one touch anyway and if it's not working it may just be a case of they need resetting (check manual but basically open window, hold open button couple secs n let go, hold button again couple secs let go, close window, hold button couple secs let go, hold button couple secs let go, do 1 window at a time)

But global should work anyway mine did straight away when I added it with only front electric windows, since then though I have converted to full electric windows

7 hours ago, liamstears said:

Actually yes global opening/closing should work

If you have electric fronts they should have one touch anyway and if it's not working it may just be a case of they need resetting (check manual but basically open window, hold open button couple secs n let go, hold button again couple secs let go, close window, hold button couple secs let go, hold button couple secs let go, do 1 window at a time)

But global should work anyway mine did straight away when I added it with only front electric windows, since then though I have converted to full electric windows

Only my drivers window on opening is one touch, plus its the only one with 2 arrows if you get me, tried resetting and nothing 😞

@liamstears not all of the models in the range have one touch for both windows and it’s isnt something you can just ‘activate’ iirc. There is a different type of window regulator to allow this to happen,

Global open/close can only work if both the windows have one touch. My fiesta only has one touch for the drivers window so even if I program it on forscan, it doesnt work

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Did anyone already found out how to turn the auto-lock feature on? As the Fiesta MK8 doesn't have central config we need to do it manually. There are some spreadsheets from other Fords, but I'm not so sure if it's safe to try and use those. For the Sync 3 system it's not that big of an issue as the codes for the Sync system are equal on all Fords. Just two wishes on the list left: auto lock by speed, rear lights on as DRL. Hopefully we have a spreadsheet for the Fiesta MK8 soon enough!

Edit: on a German Ford forum I found that it might be 720-01-01 0F66 F464 7A70 > 0F67 F464 7A70. This worked on a 2016 S-Max, while it was written for a Mondeo. Might give it a try on the Fiesta! 

@Jonro2009 Regarding the bricking; I always backup everything before I change something. Wouldn't I always be possible to rewrite the original settings when it's not starting up again or doing something odd? Don't want to ruin the car by trying to add auto-lock to it. 😉

If you have done backups then you will be fine I’m sure. 

I know on my Mk5 Mondeo to get the tail lights on with DRL you had to activate side lights with DRL, on the Mondeo that’s fine because the two were different. On the Fiesta the DRLs are also sidelights so the DRLs May dim or they may not, I think that is the only option you can try on the Fords. As far as I know there is no specific setting to just activate the tail lights. The only other way I can think of is to change the cars ‘country’ to somewhere like Norway or Australia and see if the lights work then, don’t know what other impact it would have though. 

Thanks for the tips Jonro! I'm going to try this out and keep you guys updated on the progress.

Is there a noddy guide on which modules to go into in Forscan to enable auto locking ??

Thanks

7 hours ago, MidsPompey said:

Is there a noddy guide on which modules to go into in Forscan to enable auto locking ??

Thanks

Hi MidsPompey, there is another topic with some information:

No guide yet however, but it seems that a lot of the Sync 3 items from other Fords work pretty well. There is a guide for the F-150 which I used a lot and is easy to find.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club