Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapping MK8 Fiesta?

hellblazer32

Hi everyone,

I've ordered a new Fiesta but in an automatic(All I can drive!)

I wasn't sure if it is worth getting the engine remapped as I have heard people say the 100bhp is too slow.

Any thoughts or more importantly has anyone done it to theirs?

Thanks!

Can you remap an automatic?

If you can, i wouldb't be sure it would be worth the cost on the remap and the cost of the insurance for thr mod.

The 125 or even the 140 bhp would have been a better option maybe.

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

The 125 or even the 140 bhp would have been a better option maybe.

Unfortunately the auto only comes with 100ps afaik. Mountune are now doing their (warranty friendly) 140ps upgrade for the 125 but not seen anything for the 100 as yet.

• Like 1

To go back to the original question, I'd suggest you wait until you have got the car nicely run in, and got used to it, before thinking about modifications which, as @Mavrozrightly says, bring issues of cost and insurance. Not actually driven the 100ps in auto, only manual which seemed fine. Some friends of mine have a Mk 8 Titanium auto 100ps after years of big Merc autos, and they absolutely love it!

Thanks for the responses!

Yeah only 100hp on the automatic gearbox unfortunately otherwise I would of gone for the 140.

I will keep an eye out on Mountune's website.

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

• Like 1

Hi i have a fiesta  vignale auto you will be surprised how responsive it is.

l was like you but you will be surprised how well it handles you will reach 70 in no time 👍

• Like 1

Yes you can remap the vignale 1.0 100HP to 134HP. You can order it at https://www.rica.nl/. You can get a isoftloader (allmost the same as the bluefin module). I can tell you that it's a much better driving car now 😉

I have my automatic remapped/tuned at 3000KM  it is on 145 HP at this moment lovely car on the highway love it.

My previous car was the Powershift model als remapped/tuned is to 148 HP no problems at all.

And installed the ST line spoiler pakkage .

2r55g2h.jpg2s8pfk6.jpg

1 hour ago, Richard b said:

I have my automatic remapped/tuned at 3000KM  it is on 145 HP at this moment lovely car on the highway love it.

Does it have paddle shifters?

Yes i have Paddle shifters 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 9:59 AM, Richard b said:

Yes i have Paddle shifters 

How do you find sports mode with the paddle shifters? I’m looking to retro fit to my Mk7.5. 

Hi Richard,

From the Netherlands as well? Nice that you chipped it! That must be a really nice power package for the Fiesta. I'm in a bit of a doubt chipping my 125 version as I don't want to run into any warranty issues. On the other hand: it's a reliable engine that probably can take the 145 hp without any issues. 

Have fun with it!

I have actually been looking at the Bluefin map that takes the 140 stock to 162hp and 232nm. 

My only two worries are: the warranty, it would be a shame to let it go on the engine and transmission. Though, for a year, I think Bluefin will cover you for free anyway but to be fair, I can’t foresee much breaking within 12 months. 

The second is the wear, the engine itself is probably fine for handling the extra power but the gearbox in the MK8 is rated for 215nm of torque max so whilst an extra 17nm isn’t massive, I don’t really want to risk any damage. Although, i’m not sure if anyone can advise if taking the gearbox over the limit is really that much of an issue or not? 

Plus, there’s an offer with bluefin at the moment, £332 from £399 so it’s tempting 🙂 

I agree @DG97, though I won't be too worried about the gearbox. The gearbox in the previous Fiesta was rated much lower at 170 nm, the Red Edition was limited in its first two gears to protect the gearbox (syncros) but even then the torque was quite a bit higher. Even the stock 125 hp had a higher torque than what the gearbox was rated for. So I think the new gearbox at 215nm would be more than strong enough to handle 230 nm, especially for the short moment it delivers its peak (unless you're going to race it ;-)). 

I am a bit worried about the engine myself, it's quite a lot of power and the Red Edition I had before had a different gasket. If I'm correct the 125 hp which I have now doesn't have that. Don't want to blow it out after a couple of thousand miles. Still in doubt of chipping it... But you just feel the engine has so much more potential.

• Like 1

Might be worth looking at tuning boxes as these aren't detectable by the dealers (if removed before servicing) as they don't alter the axtual map

Hello Martijn and others sorry for the late respons we are doing new building over here so not to much time  over here.

This is my second car that is chipped former model  7.5 i had 3 years with no problems, new owner is verry happy with the car.

That was a powershift had no problems with it one of the few i believe.

The new one has now 148 HP much fun on the highway i a few das i take the car with me to Finland to make some miles over there in Kotka Hanko and Rauma 

I am not the kind of guy that is screeming round the corners and pull up fast i have the tuning mainly for the highway.

Paddle shifters in sport mode is ok for me but i don't them much.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club