Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka wing mirror not working

Markymark1

Hi all. New to the forum. My wife has a 2011 ka, her passenger side wing mirror doesn't work, drivers side works fine, I've taken the mirror apart the motor works fine when I wire it up to the battery and the wiring looks ok. I've checked the wiring to the side under the glove box. I've changed the switch for another one which was second hand been told it works fine (fingers crossed). Anyone tell me what I check next

It's quite a straight forward circuit. Only 3 wires. But looks like 2 fused feeds to switch which seems a bit strange. ( But it is a fiat so anything goes) Check fuses in the engine bay. Fuses 49 and 51. Other than that , if you have multimeter check the wiring from motors to switch for continuity. 

• 2 years later...
On 7/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, Markymark1 said:

Hi all. New to the forum. My wife has a 2011 ka, her passenger side wing mirror doesn't work, drivers side works fine, I've taken the mirror apart the motor works fine when I wire it up to the battery and the wiring looks ok. I've checked the wiring to the side under the glove box. I've changed the switch for another one which was second hand been told it works fine (fingers crossed). Anyone tell me what I check next

Did you solve this issue? If so, was it the switch as I am now in the same predicament after doing the same tests. Thanks

• 1 year later...

I had exactly this problem on my 2011 KA. 
the fault was a broken wire inside the rubber boot containing the wires between the pillar and the drivers door. The wire had snapped off from a connection containing three wires in total so it was repaired by piecing out to connect the wires together.