Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta owner!

chuffer_dandridge

Hey everyone,

I’ve recently bought a ‘09 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium in Morello with the Zetec-S body kit (very rare in this spec apparently?)

Anyhoo, its a really nice car and I love it but it has a problem that I’d like to get sorted. It feels like it’s lacking power a lot of the time.

For example, if I boot it in 5th gear then there is absolutely no urgency at all. I have to nearly put my foot to the floor to make it go. It will rev and there is no EML on either. Very occasionally it will accelerate cleanly and go well but it just seems like it’s holding back all the time.

Anyone got any ideas? TIA.

The 1.4 isn't a fast engine it is slower than a 1.0 ecoboost but faster than a 1.25. You will struggle accelerate in 5th as it is really only for cruising if you need to pick up speed drop it down a gear

Yeah I know it’s not the quickest thing but it definitely feels as if it’s holding back and then it accelerates, almost like turbo lag in a way!

I’m thinking maybe a throttle pedal issue?

It's hard to tell unless you tell someone to drive the car themselves but like @cjay1 said could just be normal on that engine. It's not the fastest engine I think claiming 13 or 14 secs to 60mph. I used to have a 1 litre Peugeot and I noticed around 4th or 5th gear it hardly would pick up speed. 

17 hours ago, chuffer_dandridge said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve recently bought a ‘09 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium in Morello with the Zetec-S body kit (very rare in this spec apparently?)

Anyhoo, its a really nice car and I love it but it has a problem that I’d like to get sorted. It feels like it’s lacking power a lot of the time.

For example, if I boot it in 5th gear then there is absolutely no urgency at all. I have to nearly put my foot to the floor to make it go. It will rev and there is no EML on either. Very occasionally it will accelerate cleanly and go well but it just seems like it’s holding back all the time.

Anyone got any ideas? TIA.

When was it last serviced?

• 2 months later...

Update: I bought a secondhand coil pack and leads and put them on a week or so ago. This was the problem as it now back to rude health! I checked the date of the old coil pack I removed and it was only two years old, amazingly.

I now need to change the front flexy pipe as that’s blowing. I also found out that my Titanium is missing the air dam off the middle of the front bumper - I understand these were only fitted to Titaniums with the dress-up kit. Does anybody know where I can get a second hand one from? I have looked online and pumaspeed do one for £85 which for a piece of plastic is a bit much.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club