Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch master cylinder push rod/shaft snapped.

matt786

The push rod/shaft has snapped on the clutch master cylinder on my Fiesta Mk6.5. The pedal is loose on the floor and cannot change gear. Part of the rod/shaft with the hole/eyelet in it fell on the floor after i heard a crack while depressing the clutch pedal. Can I get this part separately and refit or do I have to buy the whole clutch master cylinder. 

If the rod has snapped then it’s a new master cylinder.

Ok, I found one at euro car parts. I don't think I could do it myself so how much do you think it's going to cost labour wise.

An hours labour should cover it

I'm going to use the garage to repair it as last resort. I've got the Haynes out and i'v figured I should take the whole pedal off first to make it easier but concerned about the fluid and pipes going into the bulkhead. Any tips?

I'm going to use the garage to repair it as last resort. I've got the Haynes out and i'v figured I should take the whole pedal off first to make it easier but concerned about the fluid and pipes going into the bulkhead. Any tips?

Had to get it done from the garage in the end as found i had to bleed and renew brake fluid also which I'm crap at. They charged for two hours labour and had to get a new clutch position sensor as they said the original was damaged. Got the car back but it makes a click noise now every time I release the clutch pedal. Also, I noticed as soon as I got it back from the garage the Aircon is switching on and off ever few seconds when Ac activated. Don't know if they've done something while they were down there renewing the clutch master cylinder. Never had a car with so many issues.

Aircon switching on/off sounds like the level is low. Not sure about the rest.

where the clutch cylinder plastic rod fits onto the clutch pedal metal peg make sure it has some sort of retaining clip on there. Often they are missing/come off which allows the plastic part to slide towards the end of the metal peg which then strains the plastic rod when it is at an angle. This might be what caused it to break before. Might be clicking now as maybe not on straight. Get your head up there and have a look.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-MK6-Ford-Fusion-Clutch-Pedal-Repair-Clip-Collar-High-Quality-Kit-E/252107426593?fits=Model%3AFiesta+V&epid=1245013595&hash=item3ab2c60b21:g:yrsAAOSwYudXGlfb

this eBay item is an example of what can be fitted. I have fitted one of these. Easy to do.  Lots of sellers have them, I am not saying use that seller, it is just first example of the part I found.

Some people might fit star washers there.

Can't help on the other points you make

Cheers for the pointers mate.