Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 Ver 3.0 and Waze Navigation

Hamster

Is anyone else using Waze as their Navigation System after an update to Sync3 to Ver 3.0?

H

I'm using v3 with Waze beta, works fine, with one exception, when you make a call, Waze can behave strangely, freeze your car on the map, freeze the speed, it could be of course a function of the beta I'm running

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Out of interest how did you update Sync3 ? Was it via USB or did you park your car near a Wireless network ?

I'm trialling iOS 12 which promises to let you use Google Maps in CarPlay mode (hasn't been released yet)

I did it myself as everyone I spoke to at a Dealer said it wasn't possible.

Its only a generic update file so i used one from a similar VIN. I wanted Waze because it does live camera's and traffic.

The much touted WiFi update doesn't work as yet. 

H

It works perfectly for me, I'm not using the beta, just the current version, great to have the safety camera and all the usual traffic alerts etc. I updated via USB also.

Phone must be connected via the USB which will also keep your battery topped up. Only had my Edge for just over a week, still finding out new things. But so far I'm impressed with Sync 3 and its Android integration.

Ah, sorry, I should have been more specific in my original post. I'm using an iPhone 8+ with Waze for which you need Sync3 v3.0 to allow phone screen sharing on the Edge display.

Does using Waze rather than the built in navigation, not deplete your phone data ??

23 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Does using Waze rather than the built in navigation, not deplete your phone data ??

It uses some about the same as downloading a song every hour approx 1.5mb  per hour im on unlimited data so it doesnt bother me, not that i use waze, but thats what a typical map app uses. 

Just found this compates google, apple and waze data use  https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/How-Much-Data-Does-Google-Maps-Use

Would anyone be able to tell me, very slowly, ho to update my synch 3 please? I’m quite thick when it comes to files and things. Many thanks 

Just called in my local 'family owned' dealer, because the Ford Sync Update site said my Sync3 v2.0 was the latest and already up-to date, just spoke to my regular sales guy who pulled a USB stick from his draw and went out and updated my EDGE 2016 Sync3 v2.0 to v3.0. Took about 20 minutes (and a coffee) and did not involve anyone from their service dept to do it. Cost = £0.

The update is a generic Sync3 update which they use on any Sync3 Ford vehicle that needs updating to the latest (so it's official that the update is not VIN dependant).

So far, no issues and all looks good. For reference, software version is now 3.0,  build is 18025_PRODUCT. Gracenote is 1.1.1.1127 (EU-0010). The update does not update the maps (I'm still on EU 4 14).

I'm yet to download Waze and give it a blast!

• Like 1

PM me when you have Waze

H

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club