Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus

pinn

hello everyone, i have got a ford focus 1.8cdti and i'm having trouble starting it. the engine kicks over and then start's after about 10-15 sec. once its start's it will then start again with no problems. so it will run all day but if i leave it for about 8 hrs i then have the problem with starting it again.

hello everyone, i have got a ford focus 1.8cdti and i'm having trouble starting it. the engine kicks over and then start's after about 10-15 sec. once its start's it will then start again with no problems. so it will run all day but if i leave it for about 8 hrs i then have the problem with starting it again.

sounds like you may need the glow plugs replaced when you start it wait for the glowplug light to go out then wait another 10 secs and see if that helps

hi , i have a tdci with exactly the same problem, at christmas i took it to the garage i bought it and they put it on the machine and said it needed a camshaft position sensor , got it fitted and little improvement , took it back on wednesday and they contacted me today to tell me the camshaft position sensor had failed again....possible but surely not..anyway i wont know until the morning when i try and start it because once my car starts i have no problem until the next day...ill let you know how i get on.

lol baited breath ...(sarcasm classy)....cars a little better only took two attempts to start....back to garage on monday.

Ford Mondeo 2001 - 2002 2.0 TDCi and Focus 1.8 TDCi

Problem: Engine does not run properly or fails to start.

Solution: A problem has been identified with the diesel pump and wear to the rollers and shoes. This is caused by insufficient bedding in when the car is new. This can also create small metal particles to contaminate the diesel and damage many components including the injectors. A sample of diesel should be inspected. A new diesel pump with revised rollers and shoes should be fitted along with new injectors and other parts if required

Solution: A common problem has been identified with the above models and an insufficient signal from the camshaft postion sensor (CPS). The fault code P0340 may have been triggered which relates to the CPS. A revised wiring harness / sensor should be installed which increases the sensor signal from 5 volts to 12 volts. The increase in voltage will provide an improved signal from the sensor.