Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central locking bounces back open.

matt786

Fiesta Mk6.5 - 2007. The central locking bounces back open in the same second  after locking the car with key fob or key. All the doors remain unlocked. I have found if I wiggle and push the round door to body connector at the front driver side door hinge, it sometimes works and the car locks and mirrors fold in and even deadlocks, flashing the indicators. This was happening rarely but now it's happening nearly everytime I attempt to lock the car. The driver side electric window switch stops working also and is not lit up when problem occurs. The switch does work and lights up if I push and hold the round connector at the door hinge and can operate the electric windows aswell. But if I let go, it goes off again. Where do I start with this one guys,any ideas to solve this issue. 

It’s a common issue mate, the wires in the channel will have been getting pinched and have probably now either snapped or been stripped and are causing a short

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

If you are any good with a soldering iron you can do a repair job, if not go to a crappie and get a new loom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I thought it might be the loom and made enquiries in advance to source the part in case that is what I needed. I spoke to my local crappy over the weekend. They said they will not sell the loom separately out of the door. I said well I'm not buying the whole door off yuz. After this I checked online and an osf door loom for my five door 2007 Fiesta which has electric folding mirrors too, is like non existent. . There is plenty of 3 door versions ,but dont want the loom be too long. I can't have it catching the bottom of the window or regulator sliders but I guess I could use cable ties to prevent this happening. Is there a possibility it could be the solenoid or door switch or even latch being dodgy. I have taken the inner door card off the driver door over the weekend with great difficulty with the  sliding lugs, and the wiring is not cut anywhere that I can see but it could be internal. I'm no good with soldering etc. If I could get hold of the right loom, I'd replace but I cant find one yet. Nightmare!

I can’t understand why they won’t sell the loom without the door, it’s a PITA though. How much would a whole door set you back? Ideally you would stumble across a similar car with OSF damage making the door useless but the loom good. It sounds unlikely that it’s going to be anything other than the loom, purely because you can remedy it by manipulating the area where the loom runs. If you could get to each end of the loom you could try a mm on it and check continuity. If you can find a suitable loom that is too long then that’s probably going to be the easiest thing, couple of cable ties and some 3M stick on cable holders to hold the wire out of harms way and you should be in business. Ring around national scrappies, can’t see p&p being a massive outlay

• Thanks 1

I think @zain611 and @zagobir have had good results from scrap yards, they may be able to recommend a couple to try?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only experience I've had with the door is changing the window regulator. Do you hear it click a few times when you lock it? I know the doors unlock if ones open and you try locking the car. Check that all the wires are out the way that they aren't getting caught by the window. If it is a loom try getting one off a ghia model as those I'm sure all came with power folding mirrors. 

• Thanks 1

It takes literally seconds to remove a door.  It takes ages to remove the loom from the door.  You'd have to pay the scrappy an extra half hour or so labour for the loom alone.  Do they not make repair kits for these?  It was a common issue on the 306s and they'd sell a new plug with a few inches of wire.  Lots of soldering but wasn't an expensive part.

• Thanks 1

Many moons ago we had a Rover 25. The wiring loom broke that went through to the boot door which controlled the lock and wiper etc.

Several wires had either broken or were In a sad state. I had to pull as much through as I could, chop the bad part out and solder a patch wire in, sealing the join with heatshrink tubing. That was the only way to fix the problem then.

The hardest part was getting the rubber gaitor back in the right place, took a lot of persuading.

Lasted the life of the car, it was the leaky head gasket that forced us to move it on.

Chop and patch maybe your best option?

• Thanks 1

I'm going to look again online. If no joy, I'm going to get a osf loom for a 3 door to fit into my 5 door Fiesta. This will eliminate poor soldering by me as I'm rubbish at this. I don't want to haggle with scrappies for the loom in this heat as I  may lose it. Plus they would charge me for taking out the loom for me if they agree to sell it seperately. They may let me do it myself but I don't have the patience in this heat. Like Jonro2009 says, a couple of cable ties & 3m should help to keep the loom out of harm's way. Only going to get time to fit this on the weekend though, thats if it's delivered on time. I know how to take the inner door card off now and know the route the loom takes so should be straight forward. Can't wait for this issue to be solved. 

• Like 1

I think for someone who is pushed for time, has no patience and no soldering skills (could actually be talking about myself here lol) then it’s probably the easiest way to do things by going for a whole new compatible loom. Use the old loom as a ‘pull through’ as it can be an absolute bugger getting through the rubber grommet and channel otherwise. If that doesn’t do the trick then I have found the best alternative to use is a bicycle brake cable as it is bendy enough to follow the channel but stiff enough not snag and coil up. 

Good luck, keep us posted 

• Thanks 1

It's not looking good for me with this issue. The problem I'm having is that I can't find a compatible loom. My car has power folding mirrors,one touch window comfort feature and deadlock option all rolled into the loom. I don't think a loom from a 3 door will work either if its designed to deadlock just the two front doors only. The looms I have looked at appear to have the electric mirrors wire but they don't have additional auto folding wires in the core to do this. This is what I have found from an ebayer who did not have in stock what I wanted but helped me to understand the features I have on my car are usually found on the ST or higher models but they are 3 door. A five door version is rare. I'm not really bothered about the auto folding mirrors but they are very useful to avoid car park pillars at work. In desperation I got a quote from Fraud's for the loom. £112.07. I have narrowed loom part numbers down to 6S6T-14A584-DJD. This is actually my part number from the sticker on my loom. The other ones that should fit start off with the same characters but last 3 letters are different. These are DJE,DHE,DKE. If I can find the loom with these numbers, it should work. If anyone can find,apart from dealers, I will be so grateful. The search continues.

They shouldn't be that rare, the Ghia's were 5 door with one touch windows and powerfold mirrors, just unusual to have that on a Zetec.

Part number for 5dr with deadlocks, one touch and powerfold looks to be F1501781.  £96 delivered from Hendys https://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/wire-assy---jumper-f1501781-35753-p.asp

Also worth checking the price at fordpartsuk or Rates Ford on eBay.  The don't list them so need to message them.

If you want to go used, look for Mk6 Ghias being broken for parts on eBay, Gumtree and marketplace and ask if the seller would check the loom part number and sell it separately from the door.

• Thanks 1

It's not looking good for me with this issue. The problem I'm having is that I can't find a compatible loom. My car has power folding mirrors,one touch window comfort feature and deadlock option all rolled into the loom. I don't think a loom from a 3 door will work either if its designed to deadlock just the two front doors only. The looms I have looked at appear to have the electric mirrors wire but they don't have additional auto folding wires in the core to do this. This is what I have found from an ebayer who did not have in stock what I wanted but helped me to understand the features I have on my car are usually found on the ST or higher models but they are 3 door. A five door version is rare. I'm not really bothered about the auto folding mirrors but they are very useful to avoid car park pillars at work. In desperation I got a quote from Fraud's for the loom. £112.07. I have narrowed loom part numbers down to 6S6T-14A584-DJD. This is actually my part number from the sticker on my loom. The other ones that should fit start off with the same characters but last 3 letters are different. These are DJE,DHE,DKE. If I can find the loom with these numbers, it should work. If anyone can find,apart from dealers, I will be so grateful. The search continues.

Gosh of course the Ghia models. I forgot about those. I'm so bonkers,sorry. IL search on these after work.

Thanks for all replies up to now everyone. I am waiting for a scrappy in Doncaster to get back to me. He has a  5 door Fiesta Ghia 2007 advertised on eBay, same year as mine and advertises it as power fold mirrors Fiesta for breaking. Iv told him i want the osf loom and he has given a price of £30. Im just waiting for a reply on how he wants paying so i can order it. For the past couple of days my windows totally  stopped working even after wiggling the connector at the hinge and my air con needs a recharge so cant use it. I'v been roasting! The aircon recharge will be done at ATS next week for £34.99 with Groupon voucher. Anyway, today after work i checked the electric window fuse and its ok. Then i opened the connector at the hinge to check if i had bent the the connector pins whilst trying to get power to the the windows by wiggling and pushing on the connector itself, as this usually worked temporarily before, but not anymore. Could not see anything broken or bent so i sprayed both connection ends with carburetor cleaner. After this dried off, i used wd40 and reconnected. Lo and behold everything working as before but i know its temporary. Still have to replace the whole loom with a decent one of the same. 

• Like 1

Suppose it’s possible the loom could have just been loose or had some dirt stopping it from functioning properly. Keep your fingers crossed and it may be as simple as what you have done to fix it long term

It's still doing the same. It worked for a day and a half then started to play up again. I have ordered the loom from a 5 door Fiesta Ghia with power folding mirrors and it should arrive on Monday. Will attempt to fit on Tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...

The replacement loom arrived and was fitted. The car still behaved the same way. Coupled with the leak on the AC system, I decided i've had enough and sold the car on making the new owner aware of the issues on it. Have bought a Golf for now and I love it but will go Japanese soon. Thanks again for all the replies. We did try but it wasn't to be. 

That’s a shame but I’m sure you’d had enough. Enjoy the Golf, I loved my mk2 and 4 they felt like sturdy machines. Had no bother with the MK2 but the 4 had a couple of gremlins. Not enough to stop me enjoying it though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club