Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake upgrade

EcoboostMatt

Evening people

First post so go easy on me lol 

I'm new to the focus game though not to fords. I'm able but I'm no mechanic. 

I've recently bought a 2015 focus mk3 facelift and I'm loving it! It's taking me a while to get it up to scratch (let's just say the previous owners weren't big on regular maintenance) the front discs and pads are coming due for changing, and I've been looking at my options. Whilst I'm okay with stock and let's face it it's only a 1.0 ecoboost 125hp, I have been looking at a little bit of an upgrade though nothing mental.

For the mechanics out there could you please tell me whether I can trust this part information from carparts4less (eurocarparts by any other name)

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Ford_Focus_1.0_2015/p/accessories-performance-car-parts/performance-brakes/performance-car-parts/performance-brake-discs/?92859028X&1&021a1cdb2a6e0a39694160f5fb99749d4c1b62a9&000711

If this isn't any good could anyone please supply me with a Brembo part number that would be suitable?

Thinking of combining with just a regular set of Brembo pads

Cheers for your time

11 hours ago, EcoboostMatt said:

Evening people

First post so go easy on me lol 

I'm new to the focus game though not to fords. I'm able but I'm no mechanic. 

I've recently bought a 2015 focus mk3 facelift and I'm loving it! It's taking me a while to get it up to scratch (let's just say the previous owners weren't big on regular maintenance) the front discs and pads are coming due for changing, and I've been looking at my options. Whilst I'm okay with stock and let's face it it's only a 1.0 ecoboost 125hp, I have been looking at a little bit of an upgrade though nothing mental.

For the mechanics out there could you please tell me whether I can trust this part information from carparts4less (eurocarparts by any other name)

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/Ford_Focus_1.0_2015/p/accessories-performance-car-parts/performance-brakes/performance-car-parts/performance-brake-discs/?92859028X&1&021a1cdb2a6e0a39694160f5fb99749d4c1b62a9&000711

If this isn't any good could anyone please supply me with a brembo part number that would be suitable?

Thinking of combining with just a regular set of brembo pads

Cheers for your time

I've gone none OEM with my discs (Pagid) and pads (Brembo) but I'd be wary of drilled discs.  A couple of my mates have had drilled discs and both were quite noisy.

Drilled discs also crack between the holes eventually.  You won't notice any benefit on the road so I'd stick with normal vented myself.  

I haven't had much luck with Brembos on a few cars now, squealing when warm, pad shims not being a tight fit, brake fade quite quickly.  I tend to stick with Pagid for both pads and discs myself.

• Like 1

I don't have a Focus but I'm currently using standard/oem Brembo UV coated discs and Brembo Pads without any issue. 

Do Brembo sell discs in that size? I couldn't find them from Brembo. When I upgraded my front brakes to ST ones on my fiesta (same size as the focus) I used pagid. Work really well and love that new disc look. 

DSC_0230.JPG

_20180309_214416.JPG

_20180309_214356.JPG

I did not like the braking force of the standard FoMoCo (ATE) brakes that were factory fitted to my 1.0 ECOboost. The original brakes function adequately but in my opinion lack a bit of bite/power at higher speeds (German motorway). Next to this the original brakes produce an extreme amount of braking dust. Despite my car had only done 18.000 Miles and the original brakes were still in perfect condition I decided to replace the front brakes.

I used to have Brembo brake discs combined with Textar brake pads on my previous Focus MK2. I really liked this setup. A lot more bite/power and a lot less (and easy to remove) braking dust.

This time I bought a set of coated Brembo replacement brake discs and a set of ceramic Textar Epad brake pads. These brake pads produce about 80% less braking dust than conventional brake pads.

The biggest improvement is however the size of the brakes. I decided to change the original 278 mm brake setup to the 300 mm brake setup that is used on the more powerful engine types. I bought a pair of 2016 Kuga 300 mm front caliper brackets

ssEwKxN.jpg

As expected the 300 MM Kuga front caliper brackets are a direct fit to the Focus MK3. The discs and the caliper brackets are basically the only differences between the 278 and the 300 mm front brakes.

The 300 mm coated Brembo brake discs combnined with the ceramic Textar Epad brake pads are really good. The braking force of these brakes is really good. Another major advantage is the massively reduced amount of braking dust.

The pictures below show the difference between the front wheels (Brembo/Textar brakes) and the rear wheels (stock FoMoCo disc brakes) after approximately 3 weeks/200 Miles of driving around town.

43iioye.thumb.jpg.6f76298a8a34c8a78134c2419dc79d0b.jpg

RowrvFA.thumb.jpg.1bc5b768d28b472413dea63973073cb3.jpg

Front wheels.

NXdox1z.thumb.jpg.435369a342fcdbbc7e7bf5cf46041035.jpg

AAKDGVP.thumb.jpg.d4576a2413ac13596c22e07be1c6bb1b.jpg

Rear wheels.

The difference is enormous. Because of this I am currently planning to replace the rear disc brakes also.

Tldr but pagid discs and pads for me. Saved me a fortune in Aliens Blood!

Cheers for your responses people must say I've always had pagid on the past and really couldn't fault them. Thanks for keeping my feet planted firmly on the floor instead of head in the clouds stuff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club