Hi

any help would be appreciated 

thanks

On 7/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, Coldhands said:

Hi all

have retro fitted sat nav in a 2014 titanium X, which already had rear camera 

Does any one know the connection onto the fakra connector for larger screen

many thanks 

Hi there,so you trying to get the camera you have already on your car to work on your LCD/SAT NAV screen.

Was it on the old screen before or on the mirror as i had a game getting right camera for the right screen size,they do a Fakra connection on

places like eBay,just a small lead.

There are a few on here that have had the same problem but mine was for a pre-face lift 2011 titanium and taken me ages to sort out.

Good luck.

Hello, the camera was already on car on the small screen, connection were on the multi plug straight into screen.

l have the fakra connector, which came with the screen, just cut off loom

my vehicle is a 2014 titanium X

didn’t know there are different camera’s

Yes mate there are different ones 100% as this was the problem i had,i went through all the Fakra thing in the boot and ended up changing it to RCA as most camera

are now but the issue i had was mine was factory fitted from new on the mirror (which i liked as you always look there anyway) but the Genuine camera packed in

and was just under £200 from ford so i went and got a £11  from eBay and a few mods with wiring, but the picture it pushed out was 4'3 screen size and mine

was 3'5 (mirror) so never worked as rolling picture and very bad flickering,read somewhere by mistake and said ''make sure you get right camera for screen'' there it was so found a place with 3'5.

It was trying to compress a 4'3 picture from camera into a 3'5 LCD display,waited 5 weeks from japan at £11 each and had 4 and 100% fine now like Genuine one.

You look on eBay as not a lot of 3'5 all 4'3 or larger,you should be ok being its on a larger screen but keep this in mind on the LCD screen size/camera output.

When you say already on the car was it Genuine one and how big was the screen (corner to corner) that was working the camera before.

Camera factory fitted, screen size 4”1/4 (110 mm). The screen fitted now is a 5”           So looks like I need new camera as well ?

will have a look

and maybe some rewiring 

8 hours ago, Coldhands said:

Camera factory fitted, screen size 4”1/4 (110 mm). The screen fitted now is a 5”           So looks like I need new camera as well ?

will have a look

and maybe some rewiring 

Yes i should say to work out the wires but i aint got a clue with the facelift as factory fitted on yours was as you said on a 4''1 screen which i think if im right

the radio display screen/satnav and if you gone bigger it should still work off the camera you have just the camera might just show that bit smaller or stretch

to fit,my was going the other was so didn't work,tried to fit a bigger camera output into a smaller display.

I should aim for the wiring first see what you get.

From what I understand the fakra connector only uses two wires, but not sure if the wire/cable screen wire connects into back of screen or just solder both together ?

When I put the camera in my Mondeo I ended up cutting the fakra off and just soldering the wires together then used some heat shrink. The Mondeo had more than 2 wires though, I believe there was 6 iirc. There are a few different types of Fakra connector though

On 7/15/2018 at 11:11 PM, Jonro2009 said:

When I put the camera in my Mondeo I ended up cutting the fakra off and just soldering the wires together then used some heat shrink. The Mondeo had more than 2 wires though, I believe there was 6 iirc. There are a few different types of Fakra connector though

I did the same,Fakra went and RCA one in its place so i could buy a lot cheaper camera,mine had 4 in total.

The video was a very small F plug like satellite type and  a small black plug that had (ignition live/reverse live/earth) only connected reverse live/earth for my needs.

Then again i never touched my LCD side i just added new camera so all done in the rear behind plastic panel.

.....Robin........There is a few on here that has done things like your trying on here on a facelift as facelift/pre-facelift are not the same set up as i found out as well.

I have two wires and the screen wire (screen around camera cable) left to connect. The two wires and cable screen are from the original set up, they were all in the multi plug in back of original screen. Have to use green (4 pin) fakra cable as this is the camera connector into new 5" screen. Might be a case of trial and error ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all here is an update on rear camera

Have camera working now, this is what worked for me. Retro fitted sat nav and went from 4.1 screen to a 5” screen, had factory fitted camera already fitted from new. Camera connection change into back of screen from multi plug(4.1 screen)to to a green fakra plug(5”screen). The wires that needed connecting to the fakra plug from multi plug were a green/Brown, blue/brown and the cable screen. The cable screen speaks for itself, the green/brown went to the fakra brown wire and the blue/brown to the orange fakra wire

hope this helps 

Next up retro fit front parking sens😂😂ors 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club