Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 1.6 petrol replace engine

kastor

Hi to all, 

I am new here and i need your help. I have mondeo mk4 2009 1.6 vct ti  petrol  were i bought used and i have problem, burn a lot of oil. Now i have 115.000 km . 

The question is if i can replace engine with kode PNBA with HXDA ? And why with HXDA? I found one engine with very low price in good condition from friend.

After two days work on car i replace engine pnba with hxda and work. I used all components from mine . I think that engine work little different ,it is little bit slower. Maybe camshafts are differents, i didn't used from pnba ,maybe in next step. My priority is to check if burning  oil for first 1000km .

• Like 1

the hxda is focus mk2 engine. 115ps 113bhp 85kw, the pnda is mondeo mk4 126ps 125bhp 92kw

so a fair bit lower power. 

focus mk2 has 115 ps on wheels and 123ps on engine. On mondeo mk4 it is 125 ps on engine or on wheels?   We saw both engines and we found only one different, variable timing gear with crankshaft. 

Is it necessary to make the change? 

• 3 weeks later...

After 2000km with "new" engine on mondeo all work fine without any oil issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club