Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.5t exhaust and clutch

Ghia15

Hi all. 

I am loving my 2.5t mondeo, smooth power  and good amount of poke. 

My question is,

how much power will the standard clutch take without slipping?  Looking at getting a tuning chip for the car but don’t want to burn the clutch out quicker than it would normally.

Also, I want it to sound a little bit more sporty without making it drone and without spending huge money on a full system. I have seen a pipe that will replace the mid box. Anyone know what difference it will make?

thanks

• 1 month later...

I found that as soon as I went with the stage 2 map from Bluefin my clutch started to slip, though with 130,000+ miles on the clock it might have been close anyway (although stage 1 showed no signs of it).

Since then I've fitted a new DMF and clutch from a Focus RS (bolted straight on) and it's been fine since.

Can't help with the de-res pipe you mention as I've not heard of them for the Mondeo, and I ended up going with the Scorpion turbo back system. The cat-back alone gave a nice deeper exhaust note but if you want more performance you'd have to look at the downpipe and de-cat/sports cat.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 8/25/2018 at 6:43 PM, Mark M said:

Since then I've fitted a new DMF and clutch from a Focus RS (bolted straight on) and it's been fine since.

Hi All,

Could someone please confirm, if the following clutch kit and DMF is plug&play to Mondeo Mk4 2.5T?
LUK 624 3256 33

LUK 415 0735 10

If I am right this one is the stock clutch kit of Focus RS Mk2.

Thank you,

Barna