Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge Sport Aircon

Paul W. H

My Aircon has just failed at 22k miles. A ford Dealer (I am away from home on holiday) told me that a pipe had fractured and all the gas had escaped and that it will take 5 days to get a replacement part which does not help when I am touring around. This means I need to finish my holiday then visit my Local Ford Dealer then wait another 5 days for the part.

The only good news is that this is a Warranty Repair.

Never heard of this happening before. At least it’s a warranty repair. My air con has been on constantly for the past few weeks. Better than driving with the windows open. 

50 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

My air con has been on constantly for the past few weeks. Better than driving with the windows open. 

My air con is always on. I was advised years ago to use it regularly, summer and winter, as this ensures the components keep working. Using it occasionally can cause more problems and generally, apart from re-gassing, air con component failures can be expensive to fix. In all the cars I've had since 2001 which have had air con/climate control, I've never had a failure...yet! 🙄 

Thanks for the replies gentlemen, it looks like my pipe was rubbing on something it should not have done hence the warranty repair.

25 minutes ago, Quofan said:

My air con is always on. I was advised years ago to use it regularly, summer and winter, as this ensures the components keep working. Using it occasionally can cause more problems and generally, apart from re-gassing, air con component failures can be expensive to fix. In all the cars I've had since 2001 which have had air con/climate control, I've never had a failure...yet! 🙄 

Same, never needed a regas with it on all the time!

Keeps the windows clear in the cold and wet too, I never understand when I see people in cars that clearly will have aircon, but they are all fogged up while driving along!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The saga continues, Edge went into local Ford Dealer for Aircon repair on 01.08.2018 and got a phone call to say that Germany had sent the wrong replacement pipe and to really cheer me up they said that the correct pipe cannot be found anywhere in Europe so they would need to get one from the pipe manufacturers which is somewhere on the planet and could take weeks.

On Saturday 4th August I was going for a family holiday to Scotland for 3 weeks and to say I am totally **ssed *ff is a complete understatement. 

The Aircon is important to me because I am in remission from cancer and breathing can sometimes be difficult when it gets too warm.

I would push them to provide you with an alternative vehicle for the duration of your holiday. A phone call to Ford customer service may help expedite this.

Normally aircon isn’t needed in Scotland but this year has been an exception. 

[Day 26 since fault] Local dealer has now received and fitted the correct pipe and the Aircon is still not working, they (after talking to Ford Boffins) now believe the compressor has also failed and ordered replacement.

The new AC Compressor was fitted and solved the problem, all under warranty

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club