Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav

Quofan

Does anyone know if the standard sat nav in the Ford Edge Sport covers France? We're going away in a couple of weeks and I'd like to use the built in one if I can. If not then I have a fairly new Tom Tom I can use but it's a pain having to carry it around with me all the time.

Thanks

Neil

I’m sure it does cover Western Europe. On your map, just zoom out, drag it over to France, then zoom back in and see if it details French roads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

I’m sure it does cover Western Europe. On your map, just zoom out, drag it over to France, then zoom back in and see if it details French roads. 

Thanks Ian. I'd not thought of doing that. Will give it a try later on...

• Like 1

Just got back from 2 months in France.  The Satnav covers ALL roads (even the small back roads) - you will have no problem. Bon route

• Like 2

Also listen out for the place names when the satnav is talking  - pronunciations are hilarious.

• Haha 1

i would be concerned about it covering any new roads as the map is 4 years old with no update on the horizon.

if you don't want to use the tomtom then plug a mobile in using Android Auto (or the iPhone equivalent) and use google maps.  Much better than the inbuilt map.

Or use Waze. Better than Google or Apple Maps.

H

I have the Sony system and I can't work out how to change the main view from birdseye to the view where your seeing the route as if your sitting in the car if anyone can help.

It is set up as3D if that helps.

thanks

Top right of the screen.
Tap the arrow to cycle through the views.
9ecc9bc143689661fe0d21d772142e71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

I'll be attempting to upgrade my maps from EU4.15 to EU7 soon. I've got all the files and install scripts ready, just need a couple of hours free time to get it installed. I'll report back on how I get on and hopefully provide a link to the files and exactly how I did it, assuming it works!

• Like 2

On 7/23/2018 at 9:06 AM, Hamster said:

Or use Waze. Better than Google or Apple Maps.

H

Waze is not good in Greece as it spells all the roadnames.........using the greek alphabet!

There is always one!!

Anyway, don't go to Greece, its on fire.

H

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Top right of the screen.
Tap the arrow to cycle through the views.
9ecc9bc143689661fe0d21d772142e71.jpg

thankyou. I've not noticed the 3D tab lol

You should have 3 options-
North upwards 2D
Direction of travel 2D
Direction of travel 3D

On 7/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, KugaEdge said:

I'll be attempting to upgrade my maps from EU4.15 to EU7 soon. I've got all the files and install scripts ready, just need a couple of hours free time to get it installed. I'll report back on how I get on and hopefully provide a link to the files and exactly how I did it, assuming it works!

Any news ??

6 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Any news ??

Will be giving it a go tomorrow hopefully as I'm off on a 3 hour drive so might as well do it whilst I'm driving along rather than sat on the drive with the engine running for two hours.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:24 PM, KugaEdge said:

Will be giving it a go tomorrow hopefully as I'm off on a 3 hour drive so might as well do it whilst I'm driving along rather than sat on the drive with the engine running for two hours.

Well attempt 1 failed spectacularly. Going for attempt 2 today. 

1 hour ago, KugaEdge said:

Well attempt 1 failed spectacularly. Going for attempt 2 today. 

Attempt 2 partially done, F7 maps are loaded! Need to do the voice guidance update next but ran out of time.

20180727_082806.jpg

How long did the successful attempt take? and what did the failure look like?

Looking forward to doing this on mine too.

4 minutes ago, simonb65 said:

How long did the successful attempt take? and what did the failure look like?

Looking forward to doing this on mine too.

Ditto.

2 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Ditto.

45 mins to do the registration file and the maps. Voice guidance update to do later then it's finished. I expect the voice guidance bit to take about the same amount of time. The failed attempt was because I put the files into a folder called SyncMyRide1 and referenced this path in the autoinstall.lst which *should* be possible (I did it because the second USB stick has a folder called SyncMyRide2 and a similar reference in its autoinstall.lst  - just so I could easily identify which order to do the two updates in). However nothing happened, at all; no errors, no update - nothing.

I concluded that although it should be possible to use any folder name, as long as you reference that folder name in the autoinstall.lst, actually it isn't. The upgrade process on the hardware must specifically be looking for the presence of autoinstall.lst and a folder called SyncMyRide on the USB stick to start the upgrade.

I'm going to post my instructions and the complete two sets of files for each USB stick here later. Whilst they and the downloads are available on another site, the instructions there aren't terribly clear and you have to write the autoinstall.lst files yourself.

Now I need to do it all again on my other half's Kuga.

It's beyond me how two 2017 cars can be sold with 2014 maps and no official route to upgrade from Ford or from a dealer.

• Like 1

Final stage done tonight. Very happy now I have the 2017 maps

• Like 1

@KugaEdge Well done. Looking forward to the instructions now to see if a mere mortal like me can fathom it out too. 👍

59 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

@KugaEdge Well done. Looking forward to the instructions now to see if a mere mortal like me can fathom it out too. 👍

I've posted everything you need in a new post

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club