Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav

Quofan

how can I increase the satnav speaking volume? I have sync3 and even though the radio or media is at a reasonable volume I cant hear the satnav instructions

many thanks

While the nav is speaking just use the volume dial on the radio or buttons on the steering wheel.
It's a bit strange that there is no direct volume control in the nav or radio menu.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

The main volume control or steering wheel volume controls can be used to turn the volume up or down independently for radio, phone or sat nav.  As Clive said above, whilst the appropriate item is making a sound, the volume controls will adjust that item, so whilst making a phone call, the volume controls the phone sound, with nothing but the radio on, they control the radio volume and whilst a voice guidance sound is made, they control the sat nav volume.  You can’t adjust the sat nav volume unless it is actually giving a voice guidance instruction at the time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

While the nav is speaking just use the volume dial on the radio or buttons on the steering wheel.
It's a bit strange that there is no direct volume control in the nav or radio menu.

This seems to be the way of things these days, my wife's Mini works in the same fashion.

• Like 1

With sync2 you were able to do volumes independently within the settings menu, pity they didn't carry that over to sync3.

yes I thought there would be a volume control in the settings!

thanks for your replies, i'll have a go when the satnav speaks.

• Like 1

I can hardly hear the chimes in mine ... I too wish they had implemented a volume page where you could set all the system, audio and satnav volume levels.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:41 PM, shocks said:

i'll have a go when the satnav speaks.

You can force a sat nav instruction. There is a button somewhere on the screen to do it ... or put navigation in the centre of the instrument cluster with the right steering wheel 'pad' and I think the OK button on the right becomes a 'repeat next instruction' on demand. 

For Sync 2 map dates you need to buy a F7 navigation card (which is the latest version for now), assuming you have a F6 memory card in the car? Simply a case of inserting the new card which is available from eBay for around £30 (or you can pay a premium price if you buy from Ford direct!) 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club