Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missing bolts, please help

MichaelAge

Hello guys,

I got myself an older Ford focus 2005 1.6 petrol and there are 2 bolts missing at the rear on bottom. Can you please tell me, what kind of screw is there so I can buy them an put them in? Thank you

received_932897820236324.jpeg

what your circling is the antiroll bar, the whole link is missing, not just the bolt. you need the nut, bolt and rubber bushes. 

• Haha 1

Hopefully you have a suspension link on the other side like this

E9E37534-C785-4F63-A559-E86FC9D7B471.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I would get the links fitted before any driving around 👍

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I would get the links fitted before any driving around 👍

Could you please just check if that thing from the link is the one I need? I am taking it to Halfords for free safety check on Saturday, maybe if I order them they'll fit it for me

1 minute ago, MichaelAge said:

Could you please just check if that thing from the link is the one I need? I am taking it to Halfords for free safety check on Saturday, maybe if I order them they'll fit it for me

You need two rear anti roll bar links 

1 hour ago, MichaelAge said:

There is another type of rear drop link for the MK2 Focus, they're more of an L shape but they only fit the cars with the uprated lower control arm (saloon, estate and ST etc).  Your lower control arm is straight rather than having a "kink" in it like the uprated ones so you should be good to go with the type linked in the earlier posts.

I agree with @williamweb, you really shouldn't be driving with the rear drop links missing/not connected.  I'm sure you're car would currently be classed as not road legal/safe and if you're involved in an accident you might well find yourself in a lot of trouble.

OK thanks for your advices guys, I'll have it fixed as soo long as possible.. I just don't understand why the first ones are £30 and the second ones are £6

7 minutes ago, MichaelAge said:

OK thanks for your advices guys, I'll have it fixed as soo long as possible.. I just don't understand why the first ones are £30 and the second ones are £6

It's because the 1st ones are from a company with a good reputation who are also the OEM supplier for some manufacturers.  The 2nd one is from a company that I've never heard of and at that price has likely been put together as cheaply as possible i.e. soft steel and rubber than doesn't last long etc.

You won't notice the rear drop link missing tbh...the car won't suddenly roll over without it lol.  You can actually see these when rolling up to other Focus' in traffic...it's surprising how many are completely missing these days! :laugh: 

The cheap ones will break and fall off again quickly.  But you should be able to get them cheaper than £30!! 😮 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing, thanks for all the info, you saved me lot of searching!

So I've stopped on the way from work and checked same car and now I'm sure what I need. So I've bought ones from a German manufacturer for £13 and will fit them myself. Got a quote for £90 for parts with fitting.. That's just ridiculous..

Easy to diy.15 Nm to torque the links if you can be bothered 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club