Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sideskirt jacking point covers Titanium X

Darren Titanium X Sport

Hello All,

I’ve seen quite a few discussions on these and how they have fell off/broken/been stolen and how they can be expensive to replace. Car is a 2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport.

My problem is the opposite...I cant get the things to budge! Checked the manual to make sure I was approaching it correctly but they wont come off. When I apply a bit of force it feels like the whole side skirt is about to come off.

Any tips/hints would be greatly appreciated 😀

When I bought my car I found that one of these was hanging off and when I checked, the tab had snapped off but still in place. I glued the tab back on and refitted the cover, so now I leave them on...you can get the emergency jack on to the sill without removing them. Well, I can with my spare Ford jack which might have come from a MK3 (can't quite remember, got from scrap yard).

• Thanks 1

Yea I can see how the emergency scissor  jack would fit under ok. I just dont fancy working under the car for any serious length of time relying on that.

According to the manual you just pull them forward and off they pop. Couldnt be further from the reality on my car!

That's why I've never tried to remove one, for fear of breaking it and they are not cheap to buy. I the scissor jack to raise the car but then support on Axle stands/ Jack stands ...whatever they seem to be called these days.

3 hours ago, Frembrit said:

That's why I've never tried to remove one, for fear of breaking it and they are not cheap to buy. I the scissor jack to raise the car but then support on Axle stands/ Jack stands ...whatever they seem to be called these days.

Seems like the way to go to be honest 👍🏼 Do you place your Jack stands on the same wee lip that you use to jack the car up or do you put them in some other mysterious place lol?

I use a block of wood on the Jack stands and place it on a flat surface behind the sill, just above the handbrake cable for the rear and either here in the photo or on the main subframe bolt for the front.

I only use the scissor jack for the rear as there isn't anywhere convenient for my trolley jack and I dare not use it on the sills in case it gets damaged. 

Axle Stand.JPG

Axle Stand1.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frembrit said:

I use a block of wood on the Jack stands and place it on a flat surface behind the sill, just above the handbrake cable for the rear and either here in the photo or on the main subframe bolt for the front.

I only use the scissor jack for the rear as there isn't anywhere convenient for my trolley jack and I dare not use it on the sills in case it gets damaged. 

Axle Stand.JPG

Axle Stand1.JPG

Ahhh right I see. Appreciate the reply and the pictures 👍🏼